• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Z showing Transcend OC 2000Mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I can tell you first hand, Neither my Prolimatech Megahalems nor my True ultra 120, both with dual 110 cfm fans on them could not handle my Fx 8350 at 4.7 temps just went to the 60's on the package and 70.s on the socket. Maybe if the 9590 is a low leakage chip, which is doubtful, air could be sufficient but anything other then a monster Air cooler I do not feel will cut it.

I forgot to show you all that F12 on the Asus Sabertooth while in UEFI BIOS allows a screenshot of any section while in Advanced Mode.
Did you know man landed on the moon? :D Sorry I had to. ;)

The point being they are talking about OCing the 8350 to 4.5 to 5.0Mhz.

Well see. Im not claiming that my Hydro 60 an do it, but I'll see. And I'll post the failed or successful temperatures once it'd done.

Well if you have the hardware already there is no harm to be done, that said you will not find many guys on this forum with there E Peen out claiming. I have X Oc on my Pc with out it being stability tested and run there 24/7. I personally have my chip stable up to 5100 Mhz 2 hours prime stable on the custom loop in my signature. If you look closely at my sig you see I report that I run at 4.7 Ghz. Reason I run it there, heat!!! The volts I need to run, again on a custom loop cooling the Cpu only, at even 4.8 to are just un necessary. As said above even at stock settings you will be lucky to be able to run the 9590 at stock settings without it throttling.

Further more, just because I am bought the 9590 from Amazon doesn't mean I will keep it. I have two PII 980's. I might prefer them to continue with them because my vid-card is doing all the work for my golf games.

Further more, just because I am bought the 9590 from Amazon doesn't mean I will keep it. I have two PII 980's. I might prefer them to continue with them because my vid-card is doing all the work for my golf games.
I still use my 955 be @ 4.1 on air, they may not be as quick as the new generation chips but they are still good ones!

Considering my PCPitstop rating with this current build, I may just send the new processor back before I even open the box.

Having two 980's, two Hydro 60's and an older backup board which is Sata II with 880 chipset, I may be wasting money on the 9590.

3-28-15PCPitstop.PNG

Would any of you consultants change if your specs looked like this? Would you feel it necessary to upgrade to the 9590?

currentRig.jpg

Man I miss my 980BE. It humped, did about 4.4ghz daily. Essentially clobbering 4 cores on any FX chip I've ever run.

My Llano A8 3850 at 3.6ghz gives FX-4300 a run for the moneys at 4ghz.

I cannot justify upgrading to the FX-9590 for gaming. It's just too hot. No overclocking, will throttle if Cpu socket temp hits 55c and the bios is all set up on auto.....

e-peen???

Here's some....

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2415230

I would believe that everone that does not concur with your subjective experiences would be considered an e-peen. Having said that, I consider your knowledge valuable but your position and longevity here at OC.com has bloated your ego as well.

I would say that the earnest people who have chimed in about their 980 BE have convinced me to save 230 dollars and send the box back to Amazon Prime.

To all who have been polite, and not e-peenish - tyvm

Scott: Sadly you're stuck with yourself and the sycophants the hang on your every world.

ciao

I'm a blunt elitist. It works for me. Sorry you don't like it but, that's the way it goes.
AMF

I still use my 955 be @ 4.1 on air, they may not be as quick as the new generation chips but they are still good ones!

My 965 is still going strong as my HTPC & media/file server. Love that little 4-banger. Still runs games really well.

Last edited:
Back