• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpuid and the 12v rail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
it looks like cpuid is under reporting the +12 cpu (?) voltage.
i have been looking at a number of posts of cpuid and it looks like it reports .5 volt low. i have stabbed around my machines with my fluke and all of my machines (all amd) show this issue.

it looks like cpuid is under reporting the +12 cpu (?) voltage.
i have been looking at a number of posts of cpuid and it looks like it reports .5 volt low. i have stabbed around my machines with my fluke and all of my machines (all amd) show this issue.

.5? as in 11.5v ? don't worry about it, mine reads 11.5 / 11.6.... in HWMonitor all the time. that's probably wrong. :)

In AI it always reads about 12.1, it never moves from there and that's probably the right reading.

Attachments

• 12.PNG
    12.PNG
    129.8 KB · Views: 139
Been there, done that.

My P67 Extreme4 said my voltage was somewhere about 10.9v. Yea, right. Sounds legit.
Plugged my trusted multimeter and it was running at 12.07v.

Don't worry about voltages measured by the SuperIO chip. Get a DMM and have fun.

I just don't want anyone taking that number as legit, some psu's are a little high in price to replace because of this.

Back