• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crap overclocks with my eVGA 8800gt! wtf!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can't find any mention of a 'thermaltake goodpower' PSU, you sure it's not an xclio goodpower? Rather old and maybe failing at this point..

My bad, its an xclio.

I had my extra crap in the thermaltake 500w psu box that I got when building my dads comp.

and depending on how old , the power drops off over time , I will look for it , but if your psu is more than 3 yrs old it may have dropped almost 20% of max power .
gunna go look now
brb

OK found it from http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp#footnote5

Electrolytic capacitor aging. When used heavily or over an extended period of time (1+ years) a power supply will slowly lose some of its initial wattage capacity. We recommend you add 10-20% if you plan to keep your PSU for more than 1 year, or 20-30% for 24/7 usage and 1+ years.

Last edited:
Its less than a year old, and I plan on it. I made a huge mistake when buying a psu when building this rig a year ago, which was not compensating for overclocking and future voltage mods etc.

The flickering has stopped after the bios vmod, now I can get the card stable @ 720/1770/2060 but that's it...pretty poor for an 8800gt.

I pretty much have the same clocks on my 8800gt, and I wanted to do the volt mod as well. All day ive been searching how to make my usb drive bootable, but ive had no luck whatsoever. Ive tried one of the hp usb drive boot utilities, theres another but it does not work with vista. The one that works says no dos files located when I set the directory to the nvflash folder. My flash drive is a pny attache 2gb. Anyone know how to get this working?

Yeah the hp flash worked fine with mine but I'm on xp ><

yeah, well i figured it out. I used a dell utility that worked. With the bump to 1.1 volts I can now get my core to be stable at 735, instead of 700. Much better.

I wish mine worked that well haha. I didn't hardly notice any difference :(

I'm worried about doing a pencil vmod to see some real results.I fried my 8600gt that way hehe, and I want to use my step up in a couple months anyway

Back