• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Critique My New Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

Well the duallie thing went terrible, so its getting sold off to pay for this new one. I want to know what you guys think of what I want. It will be used as an all around rig, surfing, gaming a little, Multimedia Rig (DVD Player and stereo). Looking at spending 1000$ Want Socket T and PCI-E. No I will not go A64, too many PSU issues.

This is what I am thinking

DFI Lanparty UT 925X-T2 - 197
Intel 630J - 235
Corsair Value Select PC4200 1G (DDR2) - 148
Hitachi Deskstar 7k250 80GB X2 - 119
120mm Fan (need recommendations) x2 - 20
EVGA 6600GT 128MB - 182
Antec TruePower 550 - 106

Total is 1015

Now The chip is the most I am going to spend, so that must stay. If you guys can recommend anything better for the same or a little more, that'd be great. I would like to dabble into the modular PSU area, so are there any good ones out there. Do not recommend ULTRA.

Thanks All

Last edited:
oh yeah, secondly, what is a good psu? is 420 alright or do I need more?, also wasn't there issues with the Modstream ATX connector being too short to reach the mobo?

dicecca112 said:
oh yeah, secondly, what is a good psu? is 420 alright or do I need more?, also wasn't there issues with the Modstream ATX connector being too short to reach the mobo?
barely need more

and y dont u look into a64 system? if u plan on gameing its the best way to go and also where u find those hds thats cheap!?!

Last edited:
the hds are the 80GB version. I see more problems with A64 and like I said in the first post, my mind is made up on that.

Back