• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crosshair 3 new bios help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boucher91

i have updated to the new bios in liew of getting the 1090 soon..
i cant seem to get the settings that i had before so im looking for any other ch3 users input (or) whatever i can get....
i had my mem set to
1600@7 7 7 20 27 1t @1.9v @stock 3.4 cpu
had to drop that to 1333 to run 3.8 24/7folding
after the update set settings and cant seem to get the original settings to be stable with either occt or p95
grrrrrrrrrr

Not an uncommon experience these days. You also have the option of reinstalling the old stable bios until Asus fixes the bugs. Can you download the various bios editions Asus puts our for their boards are do they only make the latest one available? You could get Asus tech to email it to you if nothing else.

ezflash in bios or asus update in windows will not let me downgrade the bios....
i get stock and above for cpu stable but not the stock xmp profile of1600@ 7 7 7 20 27 have to drop to 1333 to get mem stable...
i have every bios since 1st

Does asus offer a DOS-based flash utility that you could run from a bootable usb memory stick?

there is an afudos tool/utility...
but i would very much like to get what i was getting with the new bios if at all possibly...
as i will prolly get the 1090 in the next month or 2....

I know this sounds like a newb question but I have to ask just to make sure. ;) Did you have the vCore, cpuNB VID, vDIMM, and both LLC's (if you have two) all set manually and do you have them set manually now? I know the new BIOS's all adjusted how voltage and power are handled - in fact, that's the main problem they were trying to fix ...

Last edited:
@Trent ram is rated for 7 7 7 20 27 [email protected]
@QuietIce ive tried auto, disabled, and enabled for LLC..
there is only 1 LLC..
the bios reads as so:
extreme ov=disabled
cpu load-line calibration=auto
cpu voltage=1.35
cpu/nb voltage=auto(this one i set all the way to1.4 no help, on auto it rins @approx1.15
cpu/vdda voltage=2.5
dram=1.9
ht=1.2
nb=1.113
nb1.8=1.8
sb=1.2

anyway there it is....

Everything looks normal to me. I wonder if the voltage regulation has been messed with? IDK - but I would bet that it's something with the power system that's changed ... :-/

@ trent ,yes have tried up to 2.0..
@QuietIce , i have raised all the voltages 2 notches an some more than that....
this is just wierd...
took proc to 4.2 by multi as long as mem was @ somewhere round 1400 or less freeeeeeze...lol
might start a ticket with asus maybe they'll fix another new bios...

Back