• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crosshair 3 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tagi

Registered
The User manual says that the fan connectors supports cooling fans of 350 mA-2000 mA (24 W max.) or a total of 1 A-7 A (84 W max) at ++12V.

Does anyone know if this is for each fan header or all?

I dont know, but I would not piggy back any fans on the fan headers personally. Maybe I am being overly cautious but... I wouldnt.

Okie dokie, I was thinking the same but was just wanting a second opinion.

When I used to air cool, The only fanheader I used on the mobo was the Cpu fan header. The only fan used there was the stock cpu fan. Any aftermarket fan was connected straight to the psu. All other fans were also connected straight to the psu. ;)

I learned my lesson using high cfm fans on the headers. Lets just say it wasn't pretty lol.

Thats what I was thinking. Looks like when I get to grab myself a 120.4 rad I will need to grab a fan controller. I currently have a scythe kaze server but the lamptron one has cought my eye with its choice of display colors.

Both the scythe & lamptron fan controllers are very nice. I like to keep my case clean & simple, yet functional. Maybe a little bling factor.

For ages I've been a fan of the Sunbeam Fan Controller

I've got 3 of them. Downside is the LED's are bright as all hell, but with LED Mod that can be taken care of ;)

I lke my Sunbeam as well - a very good controller. And yes, the LEDs are a trifle bright - I took care of it using a black Sharpie. I had to do the same thing with the blue, power LED on my case ... ;)

The User manual says that the fan connectors supports cooling fans of 350 mA-2000 mA (24 W max.) or a total of 1 A-7 A (84 W max) at ++12V.

Does anyone know if this is for each fan header or all?

The first part is per fan header (2a max), the second is the maximum for the total of all headers (7a max).

Back