• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CrossHair Formula IV Random Problem! - ANYONE PLEASE HELP !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi, Thanks I just selected The Option Save As Text File And Copied it all. I will upload screen shots today! Sorry about that!

SCREENSHOTS

SO FAR SO GOOD !!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART MAN !!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART MAN !!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART MAN !!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART MAN !!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART MAN !!!!!!!!!!!

But It's Running A Little Slower at 1333.. whats the fastest stable setting I can get here is the sccreen shots.

Attachments

• cpu1.PNG
    cpu1.PNG
    47.9 KB · Views: 212
  • cpu2.PNG
    cpu2.PNG
    37.9 KB · Views: 212
  • cpu3.PNG
    cpu3.PNG
    37.9 KB · Views: 212
  • cpu4.PNG
    cpu4.PNG
    38.9 KB · Views: 213
  • cpu5.PNG
    cpu5.PNG
    41 KB · Views: 211
  • cpu6.PNG
    cpu6.PNG
    38.9 KB · Views: 218
Awesome, that's much better; thank you.

Now, if you want to try and stabilize it at DDR3-1600, it might be possible. Interesting, G.Skill thinks their CL9 sticks are rated for 1800 / 8-8-8-24 if you look at the XMP profile. Since it's stable now, my guess is that the IMC needs a little help coping with 8GB of memory at higher speeds.

What I'd try - set CPU-NB and NB voltage to 1.25V (a relatively minor bump from stock), leave Vdimm at 1.65V and then raise the memory multiplier to DDR3-1600, leaving the timings at 9-9-9-24. If nothing else, you'll see if it works and have already known-good settings to fall back on if it doesn't.

I'm unfamiliar with your cooling solution, could you link to details or describe it a little bit? Once we're done with your memory we can work on overclocking your CPU if your cooling is up for it. :D

Oh, ok; a Corsair H50, good stuff.. That should give you a decent amount of headroom, though if you push it a fan upgrade may be in order. That radiator has high FPI (fins-per-inch) and benefits greatly from a stronger fan.

With your CPU having an unlocked multiplier (as all Black Edition AMDs do), overclocking is rather easy. If you feel like getting into it, check out Dolk's superb 3 Step Guide to Overclock Your AMD Phenom. It's a must-read before you begin overclocking AMD. :)

dam !!! just when I thought the problem was over... I ran it at 1600 and it started freezing again ... i put it back down to 1333 ... and now i disabled the 4 options on home page of bios screen ...

line calabiration
cpu calabiration
and other 2 ..

very bottom of the first page in bios

not using turbo not overclocking ..

LlC should definitely not have anything at all to do with your problem. That's just for stabilizing/tuning cpu and cpu-nb voltage when overclocking. Pull two sticks out for a while and run it at 1600. If it runs stable for a while, it's just the IMC you need to work on.

That's the easiest way to either confirm or eliminate filling up all four dimms as a potential trouble spot. In some cases, you just pay a penalty for running four sticks; either speed or timings. If it makes a huge performance hit (doubtful), you can always get a 2x4G set instead.

This Forum Is Freaking Asome.. I don't Understand the freezing situation still freezing on 1333 but alot slower for the freeze to hit now. Any reasonable explanation.. ?

Is it the motherboard? that could be giving me problems?

Is there any type of log or tool where I would be able to find out which section is overheating, If it even is that at all ?

I'd go with PC Probe II. It's tailor-made for the specific board and will be the most accurate representation of onboard sensors. Download it from the CIVF product page. You might want to grab AISuite while you're there. I don't recall specifically for the Formula, but on the Crosshair IV Extreme, AISuite comes with a handy sensor graphing program so you can watch the results over time.

Welcome to OCF, ComputerSecrets. Did you update your motheboard to a recent BIOS? That's the first thing that I do for a new rig even before installing OS on it.

Just take note that you do NOT want to version 3012! It's a beta to update the board for AM3+ CPUs. The rest should be fine.

Welcome to the forums.
Not saying definitely that this is the case, but its mostly been my experience that the PSU is the culprit for continuing odd behavior like freezeups, particularly after all you've tried.. I tend to think a 550w is probably right about at the edge of big enough.

Hey Stool in Albany...I'm a hour south of ya! I was thinking the exact same thing on the power supply. It's definitely suspicious at 550w

Last edited:
Back