• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crosshair IV formula

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dred1337

Hi,

I have just put a rig together with the crosshair iv formular and 4x 4GB corsair xms pc3-10700h
the system is currently only picking up 8GB's of the memory in cpu-z its showing at 2048MB per dimm slot.

I have updated bios to latest version, any help and advice is appreciated.

IS that ram on the Asus QVL for that motherboard? Have you cleared the CMOS since installing the Ram?

Hi,

I have just put a rig together with the crosshair iv formular and 4x 4GB corsair xms pc3-10700h
the system is currently only picking up 8GB's of the memory in cpu-z its showing at 2048MB per dimm slot.

I have updated bios to latest version, any help and advice is appreciated.

Where did you get the ram? What brand is it? I hope you didn't rob it out of a box store computer or buy some cheap high density ram off ebay.

I think 'trents' was just CTC (cutting to chase) since we see so many day after day. I saw a Sabertooth 990 board doing the same thing on user reviews at NewEgg. When only a single side of a ram stick is seen it usually is the ram itself and a few times was the ram socket. Many times the ram was not fully seated. But for it to be so in every ram socket seems more likely the ram itself is not getting along with the motherboard. ERGo the high density questioning most likely.

These dang boards are getting easier and harder at the same time. Odd sentiment on my part.

Okay, let me rephrase part of my question to the OP: " I hope you didn't scavenge the ram out of a box store computer . . ."

I'd bet its the memory remapping thing in the bios since its disabled by default in the chiv, easy to overlook if you add ram later.

Back