• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crosshair IV Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Garrett_hardy

Registered
I was having an occasional BSOD. so i decided to just reset cmos to normal, and leave everything underclocked and slowly work from there. as soon as i cleared the cmos. The MoBo went haywire. It would post for a sec, not even make it to bios and then it would lose video signal. The LED indicators would not stay the same, even when i wasn't changing hardware. There are 4 LED it goes through when booting. Starting with cpu->DRAM->VGA->Boot device. I didnt change anything, and it would hang on cpu, and then after a couple of boots it would hang on dram, then it started hanging on VGA. Then it would make it through to boot device, and show the "Republic of gamers" screen for a split second then say no input signal. Then it would randomly hang on each one of those LED's. So i am RMA'ing it today! Very Dissappointed. I tried using 3 different kinds of ram, in all ram slots, tried a different video card, but when i put in my old mobo, everything posted just fine no problems.

yea that sounds moboish, wow that is horrible i hope your board comes fast my experience has been good with the board bad with their customer service a month after contacting them with a problem i just got an offer for an RMA but i figured out my problem right before they offer'd it to me so they where no help in the end.. are they doing the cross ship for you? i heard that was standard with these boards under the warranty.

Back