• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crosshairiii + 8gb DDR3 ocz be Problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1kingd2

system.Crosshair iii, 965be c3, Zalman Cnps 10x extreme, 8gb ocz ddr3 be ram, Enermax revolution 1050 psu, sapphire 5870, amd coolermaster 932case.
[email protected]
NB/CPU 2600 @ 1.35
Ram 1333 @ 1.65

I first prime95 tested my cpu for 1 hour at 4.0 and it was stable. I then tested NB/CPU at these settings and it was stable. But, soon as I tried to put my ram @ 1600 it would not pass the windows screen. I tried uping my ram voltage to 1.8 same thing. I then tried to take out 2 sticks and tried to run it with 4gb of ram same thing happened. I am not sure if this is a motherboard issue with the ram, or a memory issue. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You.

dear god that rams SUCKS!!! its rated at 1600 and comes in at 1066. you should sue the pants off of ocz. I have never seen ram come in THAT low below its stock clock. I would call ocz and give em hell. If that doesnt work than maybe settle for oc'ing to 1200 or 1333 and call it a day? the difference in clocks won't make that much of a difference

Try taking out 2 of your sticks and using only the blue dimm sockets. The manual doesn't make it very clear but thoes 2 slots have much better overclocking results. Though I was able to get my gskill ddr3 1600 running @ 1600 in the white slots. I switched them to the blue ones cause the blue ones also will run in dual channel mode. You'll only get single channel out of the white slots. Im assuming you have 4x2GB sticks.

Which OCZ sticks are you using - Plat, Reaper, or Black Edition?

Also, if you can run them at 667 MHz with CAS 7 it would be near the same and maybe even better for some apps ...

Thanks guys,
I had to change my timings to 8-8-8-24 and up my voltage to 2.0v to get it stable on prime. After I changed my timing it was a big difference in performance. Thanks guys once again.

dear god that rams SUCKS!!! its rated at 1600 and comes in at 1066. you should sue the pants off of ocz. I have never seen ram come in THAT low below its stock clock. I would call ocz and give em hell. If that doesnt work than maybe settle for oc'ing to 1200 or 1333 and call it a day? the difference in clocks won't make that much of a difference
I think it shows default 1066 because thats the spd default ocz uses for all there chips rated at 1600 and above since 1600 isn't a JEDEC standard nor compatible with most AM3 mobos they are forced to use the baseline settings that are compatible with all mobos.

Back