• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial Ballistix MAX RGB 4400 MHz issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sumguy

Registered
So i have a Asus ROG z490 board.. Everything is set to auto, memory is set to xmp 2.0 1.4v. But when its at 4400mhz the system keeps bluescreening either randomly in windows or a def fact if i try to load a game..

I tried to google didnt really find any good answers.. So i am asking here.

Make sure you bios is updated to the latest version... try raising system agent voltage and vccio. 4400 sometimes isn't without working for it. ;)

Make sure you bios is updated to the latest version... try raising system agent voltage and vccio. 4400 sometimes isn't without working for it. ;)

What do u recommend. They are currently vccio 1.312 auto, and state agent is 1.408v auto, dram volt is 1.4v as manu states. i ran it at 4300 but would get like 2 days then bsod. im at 4266 now

Last edited:
A lot depends on the motherboard and used BIOS. I've noticed that some Z490 motherboards are not working right with RAM past ~4266. I actually had problems with Samsung IC on maybe 3 motherboards while on others, the same RAM was working fine.
It would be nice to know what motherboard you have and what RAM capacity. Either way, as EarthDog already said, check if you have the latest BIOS.
1.35V SA and 1.30V IO should be enough for DDR4-4400.
Ballistix MAX is using Micron E/N IC which should run without issues up to 4800+. However, if you are using 16GB modules then can be some problems with that and maybe better will be to try manual settings or mixed.

If you have problems on XMP then disable it, set DDR4-4400, SA 1.35V, IO 1.30V, main timings like in XMP so 19-19-19-46, sub timings at auto and DIMM voltage at 1.45V as the motherboard can undervolt it a bit.
Typical timings for 4400+ for Micron IC are more like 18-22-22 or 18-24-24 1.45V+. You can check if 18-22-22 is working and it should be enough to go up to DDR4-4600+.

My CPU with the weakest memory controller still could make DDR4-4533 stable. I doubt you would be so unlucky to have a worse CPU.

I am using a asus rog z490-e gaming board.. 2-16gb sticks, bios is 0707 which is the latest right now..

I havent really tinkered with the cpu.. half *** ocing it i got it to 4800 on all cores stable.. then i just set it back to auto for now..and thats a 10850k

Back