• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Crucial / Mushkin ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mushkin Redline is some of the highest performing ram out there. Of course high performing ram is basically worthless for every system build out there that's NOT a trinity chip.

Unless you're rolling with an APU, save yourself the money and headache. You'll see something stupid like 2% performance difference between high and low end ram.

Last edited:
But i heard Crucial its world's TOP 1 brand ?

lol , im going out that hardcore on RAM , just want to pick out a 8GB kit , 1600mhz.

Since im using a normal RAM now no heatsink nothing , doesn't look so good.

I don't like heatsinks simply because they don't help performance but do tend to cover up factory overclocked chips. If you want to overclock, it's probably better to start out with chips that aren't already overclocked.

Corsair is nothing special.

Ive got 3 rigs with 3 different sets of mushkin ram in them. My 2x4Gb 1600 runs 2052 9-10-9 on 1.65(1.6rated) and my 1866 sticks will do almost 2200Mhz at 7-11-9, l haven't pushed my 2133 sticks yet but they run the same 2052 I put my 1600 through at 1.5v easy peasy. Id say mushkin ranks 2/3 in quality but comes in at a much more reasonable price and with tolelrable heat spreaders. Performance / $$$ Id put them #1.

Standard Patriot RAM with AMD label..

Doesn't Patriot do for INTEL ??

Well im quite brand Conscious i will usually go for the brand i like / good.

Im quite a hypocrite too you could say =/

Basically if the brand of the product i really like gives me problem , i might not buy them anymore in future.

But hey , i don't see what's wrong in there. My money are hard earn through blood and sweat ! So it every cent i spend should be worth it instead facing problems and BS which not to mention my HD 7870 is giving me !

All things aside, it should be understood that mistakes CAN and DO happen. Don't give em the axe if they are willing to make up for it.

Well i did send it for RMA , hopefully all can be resolve, least i heard the latest 12.11 BETA driver ( not sure till what number now ) have resolved many flickering problems too in games specially in TES V it was horrible = 0

Went to PC fair today here in my country , to get a pair of Audio Technica , loving it btw.

Even though i was really P#$@ off about my GPU problem. When i saw AMD , i could not resist but to check them out ! = =" I guess i can't really hate AMD lol

Hmm problem is so far i try searching online doesn't seem that AMD RAM are being sold here. I try searching Youtube for unboxing but so far on Linus Tech Tips have them.

Are this RAM still new in the market ?? I check it was out since 2011 no ?

( Sorry getting out of topic lol )

Back