• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis 2 - Multiplayer DEMO *Now Live*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm surprised how well it runs. I'm running at 1920x1200 on my system in my sig.

Anyone else have a problem with mapping some of the keys to additional mouse buttons though? I mapped nano vision or whatever it's called to the back button on my mouse, and it's incredibly unresponsive. I have to click 10+ times to get it to register. I don't think it's my mouse, since it's never gives me a problem in general use.

I'm surprised how well it runs. I'm running at 1920x1200 on my system in my sig.

Anyone else have a problem with mapping some of the keys to additional mouse buttons though? I mapped nano vision or whatever it's called to the back button on my mouse, and it's incredibly unresponsive. I have to click 10+ times to get it to register. I don't think it's my mouse, since it's never gives me a problem in general use.

I haven't had any issues remapping, I remapped the stealth/armor keys to my mouse, moved melee and crouch without any issues.

Yeah, it runs very well too, I'm at 1080p on Hardcore with no issues at all, but I find it hard to believe there wont be another level of graphics for PC gamers. It looks fine, but its just not much of a leap at all over the original.

One complaint I have is the excessive bloom. It's everywhere. Arggh. I feel like I can't make a judgment on how good it looks when I'm half blind most of the time.

I don't recall Crysis being this bloomy.

Anyway, performance report - constant 30+ fps on Hardcore here as well. Haven't actually run Crysis on this card. Maybe I should get around to that.

I'm trying so hard to like Crysis 2, and I do like it, but it just doesn't feel like the original or Warhead. Those two games were giant, beautiful playgrounds where anything was possible, this game just feels like COD4 with superpowers. I really feel like its going to be just a dumbed down console game with higher resolution, and tbh not even a very compelling console game at that. The graphics are... ok, not what I expected, and they look just like Fear as someone said before. I'm not sure why, can't put my finger on it, but things just don't look natural.

Oh well, I'll still buy the game and who knows maybe it'll feel like old Crysis in SP. But the original and Warhead are two of my favorite games of all time, and I don't think this one is going to be following suite.

it seems like crysis2 is going to be more of a run and gun than the tactical gameplay of the original. very disappointing indeed. it also looks as if the graphics are going to be lower quality so more people will be able to play it.

Awh man, I hate MP demos... DL'ing anyways to check it out. Hopefully its different from the PS3 one.

I tried it last night for about 2 hours.. It seems like one of those games that takes waaay too many rounds to kill someone which is annoying. I hope they come out with a hardcore type mode. It does feel like a COD game though.... I tried all 3 graphics settings @ 1920x1080 and there wasn't a large drop in frame rate from what I could see anyway. Gameplay was smooth, graphics and sound are top notch I think! I will buy this when it comes out. :)

I tried it last night for about 2 hours.. It seems like one of those games that takes waaay too many rounds to kill someone which is annoying. I hope they come out with a hardcore type mode. It does feel like a COD game though.... I tried all 3 graphics settings @ 1920x1080 and there wasn't a large drop in frame rate from what I could see anyway. Gameplay was smooth, graphics and sound are top notch I think! I will buy this when it comes out. :)

Yeah I really loved the sound as well, but I have to say some of the things the guys say make me go :confused:.

As for the damage I felt the same way initially but I found that killing people became easier as you unlocked more upgrades and suit enhancements. But I still hope for a hardcore mode but it seems kind of contradictory to the whole nanosuit thing.

But this is a definite buy for me, hope you all liked it as much as me. Theres nothing like creeping up on a control point 2 stories above and jumping down and killing 3 guys on your way down. :rock:

I am having massive issues even getting remotely playable FPS. 1440x900 on gamer and I get 10-15fps on the system in my sig? I think not. I could play Crysis 1 and Warhead easily with medium settings on a higher resolution. I have searched a bunch today, and still can't find anything that could be causing this. Latest Drivers are installed too.

Did you see the reccomended specs? You have the CPU of the reccomended and the GPU of minimum... I think so.. sorry.

Did you see the reccomended specs? You have the CPU of the reccomended and the GPU of minimum... I think so.. sorry.

Plenty of guys putting videos up of them playing easily at 35-45fps on both the leaked beta and the demo. All with the either the same specs as me or slightly worse. Hell guys using a 9600GT are getting better fps.

Are they overclocked? Are you overclocked? Etc? I dont know, it seems about right from the dev's description and your results.

On the chat, I asked if 1080p @ hardcore was the max settings. People got mad at me lol. Seriously? I know I have a decent system, but anyone buying a PC in the last year spends $250 on a graphics card gets the same deal... I'm pretty sure most people wanting to play crysis at least have a half decent system to begin with. What am I missing here?

I am having massive issues even getting remotely playable FPS. 1440x900 on gamer and I get 10-15fps on the system in my sig? I think not. I could play Crysis 1 and Warhead easily with medium settings on a higher resolution. I have searched a bunch today, and still can't find anything that could be causing this. Latest Drivers are installed too.

Having a system that meets recommended specifications for running Gamer spec might help.

Back