• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis 2 - Multiplayer DEMO *Now Live*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just played a few more hours today and I have to say this game sure likes crashing servers. Heres to hoping this is a pre-release issue rather than a permanent problem.

I have to admit, the graphics and effects are top notch. Didn't notice if there were any gamma / contrast / brightness settings. They would put the cherry on the cake :thup:

I am having massive issues even getting remotely playable FPS. 1440x900 on gamer and I get 10-15fps on the system in my sig? I think not. I could play Crysis 1 and Warhead easily with medium settings on a higher resolution. I have searched a bunch today, and still can't find anything that could be causing this. Latest Drivers are installed too.

I blame it purely on your dual core. 101% sure with 1% of margin of error.

I do 30-40 on 1024x768.

and wow, crytek ditched PC players, this is console port galore.

I think this DX9 demo is the only console porting that will be involved.
The real game will be DX11 and according to crytek it will be more advanced than the console version.

Too bad this is a cut down multiplayer demo. Id be curious to see the real thing.

very disapointed in this game.... it became WAY to consolized, and doesnt allow the freedom of tatical paths like the original crysis did.... crysis 2 you have to go on a set path.

and believe me when i say... the full legit game, is still just as consolized.

very disapointed in this game.... it became WAY to consolized, and doesnt allow the freedom of tatical paths like the original crysis did.... crysis 2 you have to go on a set path.

and believe me when i say... the full legit game, is still just as consolized.

Are you basing this on the leak? or only the multiplayer demo?

How can you tell its a console port?

How? I have an xbox 360 controller and it works perfectly, you know that with the mouse you can tilt the menu or something like that? That thing is popular on consoles. Grab an xbox controller plug it in and it's as if u were playing it on xbox. And besides it doesn't have that many ptions for PC in configurations.

This game and NFS: Hot Pursuit, console galore extravaganza.

Ignoring all the arguements about porting...
First time playing a crysis game. WOW. Even for a supposedly Dx 9 Demo, its still looks really good. VERY playable with my sig rig on hardcore @ 1600x900. Not sure how I feel about the motion blur though, I'm not really a fan of that effect in particular. I like the nanosuit, its a good twist. But the game does have a cod-like feel to it, so I can see how it would get old. Only played ~45 minutes, and going back in for more! I like it so far.

Finally got into a server last night. I played for about 20 minutes then stopped. I can't really say that I like it. Feels more like a COD run and gun. The original felt better imo.

I blame it purely on your dual core. 101% sure with 1% of margin of error.

I do 30-40 on 1024x768.

and wow, crytek ditched PC players, this is console port galore.

BAH, my dual core crushes it.

Screenshot 1920x1080, set to max settings for video..Hardcore.

Attachments

• c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Got a very small dilemma. Just upgraded my computer last weekend to a AMD 560BE (overclocked to 4.4ghz on water just 2 cores) and a galaxy 460gtx 768mb videocard (gpu oc'ed to 850 and memory to 2100). At 1920x1080 res on hardcore setting my average framerate is 43.076 and max is at 58. I bought the videocard for $139 with a $30 rebate bringing the card price to $109. I got a few days to return it to frys. Questions below.

1. Does it make since to pay $140 more for a nvidia 560 ti/amd 6870 given my framerate? On stock gpu settings my average is 38.854, overclocked it's 43.076.
2. Just keep the card and hope that other games after crysis 2 do not make me regret my purchase.
3. What are some of the framerate your seeing on your computers? I'm using fraps to capture the framerate during a match.

Got a very small dilemma. Just upgraded my computer last weekend to a AMD 560BE (overclocked to 4.4ghz on water just 2 cores) and a galaxy 460gtx 768mb videocard (gpu oc'ed to 850 and memory to 2100). At 1920x1080 res on hardcore setting my average framerate is 43.076 and max is at 58. I bought the videocard for $139 with a $30 rebate bringing the card price to $109. I got a few days to return it to frys. Questions below.

1. Does it make since to pay $140 more for a nvidia 560 ti/amd 6870 given my framerate? On stock gpu settings my average is 38.854, overclocked it's 43.076.
2. Just keep the card and hope that other games after crysis 2 do not make me regret my purchase.
3. What are some of the framerate your seeing on your computers? I'm using fraps to capture the framerate during a match.

well remember this is dx9 only....dx11 will be far more difficult...

I will soon have a 2600k to push my 560ti, and the plan is two if I need more fps.

Tried yesterday and today to log into the game and continuously got invalid account name or invalid email. Tried all accounts I could think of including making a new one. Gave up and installed the demo. Not a big deal. dont have much time to game anyway.

Tried yesterday and today to log into the game and continuously got invalid account name or invalid email. Tried all accounts I could think of including making a new one. Gave up and installed the demo. Not a big deal. dont have much time to game anyway.

i had almost the same problem with the demo. said my email was already in use with another account so i type in my email to see what the password was and it said it didnt have my email on file...wtf? ended using another email

Back