• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CS: Source - which day of this week ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
First person to report when it's out on this forum gets this free beer:

:beer:

Heck, it might even be worth a bl*wj*b... (anyone want to buy a vowel ?)

On second thought, no it's not. :cry:

They better not release it on Friday. Fridays are already good days... we don't need it then.. its TGIF, not TGICS:S... Also, fridays are spend time with the wife evenings so then you don't feel bad if you play lots on Saturday...

Saturday we sleep in so that might be a waste of server time and everything is going to get plugged-up around 11 a.m. when everybody had their Eggo's and are ready to play (alright, I all know you're going to be up at 6am if it is not out by then, but still..). Anyhow, people at Valve don't work on weekends - that's why we are getting the game now and not in 2003.

I can see why it wasn't released on Monday.. Mondays are like swimming lesson day, or damn I gotta lot of stuff to do, or everything sucks day and it's garbage night. There is no point to releasing it on Monday because then you suffer until the weekend, a whole 4 days, before you can all-night it (if you work). Nobody gets paid on Mondays either.. so it's just a plain bad idea.

Tuesday. Everybody is watching **** Cheney on tv.. *cough* so that makes no sense..

What about today? WHAT ABOUT TODAY ?!!! Or maybe Thursday. Friday is cheap.. its like putting in an essay on the day it is due... Or paying bills on the date that is indicated as the due-date... I guess that's what I usually do.. hmmm...

Thursdays are chicken wing night at the local pubs... so I guess it has to be Today then...

I'm still not sure though... :bang head

The anticipation is just insane on my part....

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg..........hope I don't have homework tomorrow. I think that Silver package is a mighty tempting price, $60 for 4 games including an awesome new graphics engine. Doom 3 was $55 for a single game and limited multiplayer.

wowsa, i want....they made HL1:source, that should be pretty awesome seeing as though ive never played the original HL due to its old and outdated engine. But the Silver package looks like the best deal in my opinion.

100mbHD said:
wowsa, i want....they made HL1:source, that should be pretty awesome seeing as though ive never played the original HL due to its old and outdated engine. But the Silver package looks like the best deal in my opinion.

lol. I'm sure you can find an old copy for cheap. It's *totally* worth playing. The graphics are dated, but the gameplays isn't. :p

Nero said:
lol. I'm sure you can find an old copy for cheap. It's *totally* worth playing. The graphics are dated, but the gameplays isn't. :p

An old copy would still cost around $10 I guess, so it would be better to invest that $10 to upgrade from Bronze to Silver and get the new graphics. You do have a poin tho, HL was an amazing game even with dated graphics. If they did a good job recreating it in Source it will be uberness.

:cry: :cry: :cry: <--- tears of joy

I've been out of the CS loop for oh-so-long. I logged in for the first time in probably six months last week and got owned on some map I've never played (de_chateau ... cool looking, though). Very sad to be a Beta 5 player and be reduced back to newbie status because some MMORPG took all my time. =P

So, would some kind soul explain all this *:Source talk .... is this what we were referring to as CS:2 before? Or just the old CS (and old HL) revamped with the new source code (better graphics, physics, etc ... same game, new engine)?

CSS is basically CS for HL2. CS and CSS use different engines to power the game play. do a search for CSS and dl the demo vid.. the graphics are incredible, and they changed how such things as smoke and flash work, and they included interactive terrain such as shooting barrels and blowing stuff up.

Well,

It's been out for 30 min. Anybody play ? You're probably all playing now... hehe

I can't till this weekend... :temper:

Enjoy !! Anybody want to post their first thoughts on the final version, they would be appreciated..

I'm playing, it's awesome. The video stress test is sooooo awesome looking, just getting into a game now.

Back