• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CT-479 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The_man27

I recently got an PM 750 from ebay and CT-479 from zipzoomfly
I have tried flashing to many different BIOSes including the stock one, but it just will not post...

I have also tried flashing to p4p800-se bios 1011 (to enable multi change in the bios) and the thing still does not post. I Also tried posting with the ct-479 all by itself, and still no post.

I really do not think it is the motherboard because I am typing on it right now with my 2.4c; and I do not think it's the processor (because chances of it being DOA are very slim)

is the ct-479 supposed to post even if there is no processor installed?

thanks!!!

any other suggestions are welcome :p

P.S. My motherboard is p4p800-e deluxe, 1GB of ram

There are very few people in here running P-M in a desktop unfortunately, but there are a couple. Hopefully gautam or xwoodoo will step in here for ya.

In the meantime, you might want to try the Intel section @ XS...they have a pretty decent list of Dothan how-to's, tips, etc. I just noticed they're talking BIOS 1021.xxx and you mentioned 1011? Maybe the BIOS you're trying to flash doesn't support it?

- Needs to be booted at 200+FSB for AGP/PCI lock (=higher clocks).
- Booster works with the CT-479 (confirmed on P4P800 -> 3.5, P4P800SE -> 3.6)

- Best chips available are IMO (Stilt) the 730 and 750 models (good multi´s to boot with 200+FSB)
- P4P800 and P4P800-Deluxe use the same bios; so the 1021.003 works for both boards.
- Basically every P4C800 BIOS (-E, DLX etc) works in every P4C800 board without bootblock "trick".
P4P800SE
- Vcore -> 1.6
- DDR voltage upto 2.85
- AGP -> 1.8v
- OCZ Booster works, 3.6vdimm
- If booted at 200+ FSB ratios 266, 333, 400, 500 become available
- Vcore and multipliers available in beta bios 1009.003

Ross said:
There are very few people in here running P-M in a desktop unfortunately, but there are a couple. Hopefully gautam or xwoodoo will step in here for ya.

In the meantime, you might want to try the Intel section @ XS...they have a pretty decent list of Dothan how-to's, tips, etc. I just noticed they're talking BIOS 1021.xxx and you mentioned 1011? Maybe the BIOS you're trying to flash doesn't support it?

Thanks for the fast response :p

I don't think you understood me. I have p4p800-e deluxe, and I flashed it to the p4p800-se bios 1011 (that one was recommended as the only bios that supports multi change in the BIOS; well 1009.003 and above) and I get no post

And when I flashed to the newest BIOS for my original motherboard, it tries to power up and then just dies within 3 seconds of me pushing the power button...

I don't know I am stumped :shrug:
I did not try the p4p800-deluxe (non -E) bios 1021, I guess I can take 10 minutes and flash to that one as well...

thanks!

By the way, I have already read through those threads at XS, they are very informative, but something is just not right on my end...

The CT479 cannot post by itself. Try either removing the FSB jumpers or putting them at 400 instead of 533. I would stick with the newest P4P800-E DLX BIOS for now for testing purposes. Is your adapter's power connector modded by any chance? If so, the wires might be shorting. If not, I'd check the pins on both the CT479 and the P-M, as it looks like something is shorting.

the only thing i can think of is to make sure the p4 powerplug is plugged in aswell as the floppy power connector for the ct-479.

OK I have tried everything under the sun and it just is not posting. No matter which bios I flash it with, the system shuts off a few seconds after I press the power button. I've tried a different power supply, I checked all the connections a few million times, moved and re-moved the jumpers but no avail.

I am suspecting a dead CT-479...

look at the pins on the bottom of the cpu...see if any are bent... or what not...

no the pins are fine
one thing I noticed is if I unplug the 4 pin ATX on the motherboard and try to power up, the system does not shut off immediately, but there is still no post

as soon as I plug the 4-pin atx back into the motherboard, the system shuts off

Do you have a regular Socket 478 cpu to put in the board and see if the board still works?

I'd try that and double check all the connections, the jumper settings on the CT-479, and also make sure all your other devices and connectors are seated properly.

yeah the board works, I'm using it right now +2.4C it as I type this...

I seriously do not know what could be the problem

I checked everything at least 10 times, re-seated the RAM, unplugged the un-needed peripherals, and still nothing

ok this might be dumb but how do you know the cpu works...after all you got it off of ebay.... the ct-479 came from a known vendor.. so im starting to think you got a bad cpu...

Evilsizer said:
ok this might be dumb but how do you know the cpu works...after all you got it off of ebay.... the ct-479 came from a known vendor.. so im starting to think you got a bad cpu...

thanks for the reply

I don't know for a fact that the CPU works, but it came very professionally packaged and the seller had 28,000 some odd feedbacks (it's a store). And also, if the CPU was faulty don't you think it would boot anyway but not shut off immediately?

Im willing to bet it's the adapter.

I had my friend test it in his p4c800 and the same thing happened
I have initiated an RMA through ZZF already, so we'll see

I'm praying its the adapter :p

Back