• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cursor disappears while typing (win 8.1)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

On my now infamous laptop, I'll be typing in forums and the cursor will disappear. I'll be typing and mid word the cursor disappears and the letters I'm typing stop appearing on screen. I have to click in the text box again to make the cursor reappear.

I am not accidentally touching anything, I assure you.

What's going on?

Cut off the touchpad and use an external mouse, see if it persists.

Sounds like you are hitting the touchpad/nubby to me...Id disable the nub/pad and see if it still happens juuuuuuust to make sure.

Sounds like you are hitting the touchpad/nubby to me...Id disable the nub/pad and see if it still happens juuuuuuust to make sure.

It doesn't happen anywhere else except forums. I wrote a very looooong presentation on the laptop and it didn't happen ONCE in powerpoint or MS word.

Just happens in Chrome. I assure you I am not hitting the touchpad.

In that case, try Firefox and see if it still happens.
We can point the issue to web browsers or Chrome that way.

Ok I'm on the laptop now using Firefox and the cursor is staying on the page. Problem (half @ssedly) solved. ;p

Now the question is, why is it happening in Chrome? I use Chrome on my ipad, iphone, Win 7 desktop, my friends Win 8 desktop, and this laptop, and only on this laptop does the cursor leave the page.

I'm going to guess that this is one of those mysteries that can't really be cracked though...

Back