• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom Loop, Sinlge Rad with Single Pump cooling two Computers (can it be done?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bucsfanga

Registered
Ok So here is the specs. I am going to build a second computer in my desk. This one will have the threadripper EK waterblock with a GPU block for the RX Vega 64. The second computer has the EK Cross Hero IV monoblock. Here is a list of the specs. I asked this question in a earlier thread but got no answers on it. So I have a desk which will host two separate computers. One will have the AM4 Chosshero VI Monoblock and the other will have the Threadripper AMD and RX Vega. The radiator is going in the middle. I have a single MSX350 waterpump I am putting in the middle to pump water threw both computers. here is a picture of the desk and the plan. The rad is in the center rear chamber of the desk. I plan to put the pump in the center front and run my tubes thru holes design into the desk. The main question is can this pump provide a high enough flow rate for both systems to get adequate cooling or do I need a more powerful pump? The radiator is over kill for this build and plan so I have no concerns for it. I do not plan on overclocking the Crosshero IV build but the risen I may twerk a little.

Screenshot (15).png

MSX350 water pump
EK Crosshero VI Monoblock
Phobya Xreme 400mm Radiator
EK Monoblock for thread ripper
EK RX Vega Waterblock

Never was a fan of those 400mm rads since they need big 200mm fans which won't have the best static pressure. I always recommend going with 120mm fans and rads.

Now as for the rad, I don't know if it will be able to keep everything cool enough, all dependent on how comfortable you feel with said temps all around.

As for the pumps, since monoblocks are more restrictive than regular CPU blocks and the complexity of the loop, I would recommend grabbing another pump with a DDC serial pump top for a serial pump configuration.

Btw, are you referring to the MCP350 pump? Not sure what kind of pump you're talking about.

Sorry yes this is from the same post as before @Tír na nÓg. No its the Swiftech MCP50X @GTXJackBauer. I have the radiator with 2 200mm Bitfenix fans but I am looking for more static fans to replace them. I haven't setup the second computer yet waiting for prices to stabilize. I was thinking of getting a second pump but not sure how to put them into series. Currently my motherboard controls the pump. I recently went to this desk build cause the last system I had the case was too big. I have a dual 80mm, 120mm, 240mm, and 360mm radiator in a Thermaltake X5 case and saw an idea of computer in a desk. this desk is custom build so I'm 2k into it and its not going anywhere. the airflow in the desk is great and sealed. I so the radiator is getting good air flow thru them. I was thinking of getting a fan controller to control and monitor the whole system once built but still looking for a control to handle the 4 intake and 2 outtake fans along with pump and temp reader.

If price isn't an issue, a Aquaero 6 LT or 6 PRO/XT (more expensive with display) can control all your voltage or PWN specific devices per channel no problem.

You'd need to grab another MCP50x and find a compatible serial pump top but not sure if there are any and not sure if they are still compatible with the past DDC serial tops. I'm sure emailing or calling Swiftech could get you that answer. They also sell a cable that allows both PWM pumps to act as one which I use on a single channel to my AQ 6 XT.

If you're able to, I would see if you can fit the 360mm and 240mm and use some nice rad fans if you haven't gotten already since they'll give you some good static pressure. I don't think you can ever get the same static pressure with much bigger fans afaik. If your're stuck with the 200mm rad/fans because of the design of the desk, I would just add a second 400m rad to the loop if possible.

I was going to suggest the alphacool eiswand since it costs way less, but they don't seem to make it bigger than a 360

If looks are your concern you could always Hide a Rad or 2 on the bottom as well as a extra pump.

OK thanks for the advice. The Swifttech MCP50x has a head pressure max pf 4.8mH20 and can discharge 14.3 lpm. The desk is custom built with a certain airflow patterned so the only option is changing the pump. I had this pump for awhile and in my last build it was able to pump water thru my last setup no problem. The radiator is massive an d will cool off the components fine due to the size and even the amount of passive dissipation the fans are added for extra cooling but the radiator is overkill. I know about SP and going for rads that take 120mm or 140mm fans but a radiator without a fan can still cool components passively. I don't think the extra gpu block and cpu block will cause much problem since the pump is running at its lowest setting. I have the Alphacool LCD but it doesn't have pwm I think I just get a flow meter and installed it first to see what the temps and flow rate is once its built then go from there and look at better pump. Thanks for all the post and help

Back