• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom WB and Lapping results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I understand, all my customblocks will be brazed together and solid copper. NO way am I going to deal with o-rings. :p Another note, put It in your system and start leaktesting there, You've seen that it doesn't leak outside under "normal" times but how does it do under stress (aka mounted) You'll need to test for that too.

Very nice. I've been making threats to my wallet with random exclamations about getting a drill press to make something similar to this in concept. You're not helping my wallet here :santa:.

Very nice work. I really like that GPU block. It looks very good. Have you thought of perhaps making a maze design for the CPU block by soldering on pieces of copper to the base? I guess its best to wait to see how it performs before we hound ya with more ideas ;).

Thx all for the support but some bad news.

Well the cpu block leaks... looks like is back to the drawing board for awhile. Ill update latter with a new water block.

nope it leaked this morning all over my desk. Well i used some E6000 instead of the goop stuff. Ive used the E6000 to repair tanks and reservoirs before so it should work. Problem is that it takes at least 24 hours for it to cure so ill have to wait. Interesting tho that my GPU block has failed to leak with the same glue as the CPU block. Intill next time...

edit// Looking back at the old block cover, it seems the glue did not cure all the way through causing it to leak after 24 hours of testing :temper: . So im going to wait 36 hours for the next one... just in case.

Rekarp said:
nope it leaked this morning all over my desk. Well i used some E6000 instead of the goop stuff. Ive used the E6000 to repair tanks and reservoirs before so it should work. Problem is that it takes at least 24 hours for it to cure so ill have to wait. Interesting tho that my GPU block has failed to leak with the same glue as the CPU block. Intill next time...

edit// Looking back at the old block cover, it seems the glue did not cure all the way through causing it to leak after 24 hours of testing :temper: . So im going to wait 36 hours for the next one... just in case.

Better to be safe than sorry! wouldnt want to loose some expensive components!!!!

But yeah, it sucks that it leaks, becuase the blook looks sweet.

I was extreemly paranoide when I first built my system, for the first 7 days I had a crappy video card instead of my 6800U in the system. Primarly becuase the rest of my system totals ~$680 while the 6800U cost me $512... Thats almost more than the rest of my system, case and everything.

whoo success!!! so far Version 4 of the block has not leaked as of yet. And im posting on my main machine using this block :attn: . Temps arnt ground breaking or anything but simplicity and price was the biggest of the enemys. My Dtek WW beats the thing by like 10*C at idle but it cost like $40 more. I havent added the GPU block in the loop because i need some mounting gear for it. Also it running passive since i havent recieved the fans yet for it.

Well heres the setup

DSCN0782.jpg

Everything crammed inside

DSCN0786.jpg

Ohh noossss... :santa: lets hope this works

DSCN0787.jpg

Last edited:
Bios temps

DSCN0789.jpg

Speed fan

DSCN0790.jpg

Im still a little nervous about it leakin. (i check on the block about every 30 seconds lol)

All of it outside. The case itself is very poor in air circulation so putting it outside would be the best. This case will be modded over the summer so i dont want to cut it soon.

nice job rekarp. just one question, wheres the fx5200 block? im not sure the fx5200 has temp sensors, mine didnt, but that card should be alot happier and cooler now that its cooled with water. i wonder what kinda clocks youll get with that block.

i dont have the mounting bolts for it yet. I cant find a set of bolts that are thin and long. #4-32 x 2 is what im lookin for but the smallest i can find are 6's. :shrug:

Some quick overclocking. Running a 2500+ Barton at 2.2, stock voltage. Before, i could only get it to run at 1.9 on air and the temps where much higher then this.

results.jpg

make sure you post that block :D

my motherboard doesnt have mounting holes for a NB block so its a no go :bang head

looks like my psu is pooping out on me :( If i try to bumb up the voltage in bios for the cpu it does not go up. Bios says its at 1.675 but its not :shrug: . Sigh* I was hoping to get a higher clock. Well im not shopping for a new PSU so 2.2ghz is the limit.

Back