• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D.O.C.P. profile problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matteog

Hi, I recently assembled a pc with the following components:
asus tuf x570 gaming plus
ryzen 7 3700x
g skill trident z neo 3600 Mhz 2x8 (hynix chip)
gigabyte rtx 2070 super oc gaming

It is the first time that I assemble a pc by myself and I have no experience with bios settings. However, by searching the internet I understood how to activate the docp profile of my ram, selecting the relative option in the "ai tweaker" menu. After doing this, the "profile 1 3600 Mhz" item appears in the main menu of the bios and on windows 10 the cpuz program correctly detects the ram frequency at 3600 MHz. The problem is that with the docp profile activated I see practically no improvement in game performances ... not even half an fps more. It seems very strange to me. I don't expect drastic improvements but a minimum of improvement should be there. Considering also that the ryzen 3000 should particularly benefit from the high frequency ram. My doubt is that there is something wrong with the bios settings or maybe some problems related to the bios version (mine is 1405). Can anyone help me solve the problem?

It's RAM though. It doesn't improve things noticeably in most cases... maybe a % or so here or there depending on the game/settings/resolution. But yeah, depending on where it was set, likely 3200 MHz anyway, the jump from 3200 to 3600 is almost negligible...

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-zen-2-memory-performance-scaling-benchmark/4.html
What you say is right. But I'm sure there is something wrong. I just ran two benchmarks on the division 2 at 720p (in order to amplify the difference in performance related to the speed of the ram). With the ram at 2133 MHz I obtained 138 fps and with the ram at 3600 MHz I obtained ........ 138 fps !!!!

I downgraded the bios to version 1404 and like magic at 720p with activated docp profile I get 142 fps. While with 1405 no improvement (and thank goodness that on the notes of this release there was "improve system performances"). It seems to me a clear signal that the bios of this motherboard is a real disaster. I can only wait for other updates.

What you say is right. But I'm sure there is something wrong. I just ran two benchmarks on the division 2 at 720p (in order to amplify the difference in performance related to the speed of the ram). With the ram at 2133 MHz I obtained 138 fps and with the ram at 3600 MHz I obtained ........ 138 fps !!!!
You're likely not limited much by ram bandwidth at 720p. The is a very cpu bound resolution, but may not be bandwidth intensive. With your bios change, you dont exactly know what may have done this. Also note, 3 fps at 140 is 1.5% or 0.5% more than margin of error.

I'm assuming you game at 1080p or higher, so I would test there if you want to keep doing so.

But you got what you were looking for, I guess, so enjoy! :)

You're likely not limited much by ram bandwidth at 720p. The is a very cpu bound resolution, but may not be bandwidth intensive. With your bios change, you dont exactly know what may have done this. Also note, 3 fps at 140 is 1.5% or 0.5% more than margin of error.

I'm assuming you game at 1080p or higher, so I would test there if you want to keep doing so.

But you got what you were looking for, I guess, so enjoy! :)
Yes, in fact I play at 1440p and at this resolution I have no improvement,not even with the oldest bios version. The 720p resolution was the only one where I had noticed any changes.

As expected. Enjoy that PC!

PS - I wouldn't hesitate to be on the latest bios, note. It isnt remotely a disaster. :)

Just to add something (or confirm what was already said). I see +/-1 FPS in most new games at 1440p between DDR4-3000/3200 CL16 and 3600/3733 CL16. At 1080p it's between 0 and 3FPS difference, depends on the game. Optimal performance per price seems 3200 CL16 or 3600 CL18. 3600 at any timings seems slightly faster but it doesn't matter much.

Back