• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D5 vs ddc pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Merecol

Registered
Hi guys.I have to cool my i7 6700k and an amd rx 480.I have to decide between a d5 pump or ddc pump. If I have understood well d5 pump is best to cool a restrictive number of elements.The ddc pump instead is best to cool a lot of elements...Is this right?In my case a d5 could be the best choice?

D5

- Quieter

- More Flow

- Runs Cooler

DDC

- Smaller form factor

- Has more head pressure

- Runs warmer

- Noiser

Either or is fine really.

So what type of pump is better form me?I want ro overclock too...

i have both and like the D5 better. i bought the ones with the adjustable speed, basically i set it around 3 and have never had a problem. the DDC i had to buy pwm based fan controls to keep the speed down or else it's loud. with the DDC i'm under 2000 rpm's and it still cools pretty good.

I'm the other way around. I prefer the DDC's for the smaller footprint and head pressure for higher restriction loops. The MCP50x is the best bang for the buck out there right now.

I'm the other way around. I prefer the DDC's for the smaller footprint and head pressure for higher restriction loops. The MCP50x is the best bang for the buck out there right now.

Glad I picked that as my first pump then, can't wait to use it. Now with a fairly unrestricted loop only 3-4 90's and 3/8ID does running too fast a speed have a negative impact or something that needs to be dialed in just right (noise isn't a negative for me).

I haven't understood well the advantage that the heat gives and the advantage that waterflow gives...in a loop with two radiators and a gpu and cpu,what type of pump is better?If the system has a lot of friction a d5 will suffer,but in terms of prestations what could happen?

Back