• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DAMN!!! HEAT IS HOT!!! SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ExtremeOC

I recently made a new heatsink outta 1 686 heat-sink on top of a 586 heat sink, and i made and adapter out of a sheet of some sorta aluminiun compound. it has a big hole for heat to go thru, and bunches of holes for heat to go thru. on top, is a power supply fan (wooee that thing can blow)
now, heres the kicker: I dont have any thermal compound. the advantage is I am at school rite now, and i have everything at school. what can i use in a pinch to throw between this heatsink and my 400celly? I'm generating more heat then i'd like. i'm gonna buy some of that artic cool, but i need something that'll last the holidays when i hit 600 with my 400. please, i need a reply FAST!!! i have everything at this school, but i cant use a chem lab. thnx peeps!! peace!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Go to Radio Shack and get some thermal compound it is not the best and will eventually dry out but it will do until you can get some Arctic Silver

Back