• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen Build-- CPU,MOBO,RAM, Heat Exchanger

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice, but P95 will stress the system way harder than any game. Try Intel burn test for a more reasonable OC stability test.

Nice, but P95 will stress the system way harder than any game. Try Intel burn test for a more reasonable OC stability test.

Generally I agree with you for gaming. However, I also do multi-threaded Monte-Carlo simulations which do a really good job of running all of the cores at 100%.

Update:

So I tried bumping up the memory speed to 2666. Failed to post, computer got stuck in an infinite loop trying to restart itself. I manually powered it down and it very polity the bios reset to the last stable config... Very nice, did not even need to drain the CMOS battery.

I'm glad the ASRock motherboard is working well for you. Good overclock on stock cooling by the way.:)

I'm glad the ASRock motherboard is working well for you. Good overclock on stock cooling by the way.:)
Yup. Matches what I got on the Wraith Spire. Good stuff to see it's more common than just my CPU that does [email protected]. OP, even a CM 212 Evo shows a healthy temp drop over the stock cooler. Somewhere in the realm of >=10C. Get a decent cheap cooler to reduce the temps, and either enjoy a cooler room, or more room to OC!

I finally got the big *** heatsink installed. Current voltage is set to 1.2 volts and clock speed is at 3.650 GHZ. After running prime 95 for a while max CPU temp is now 56C and it has been boosting the CPU clock up to 3.75 GHZ on its own. Earlier today I was hitting around 72C on the same settings so I am willing to consider this a major improvement. I cant wait to try and push the clock speed up a bit higher this weekend. The case is a bit of a mess still.. But here is a picture.. It was a tight fit. I had to remove my 780TI that I was using as a physics card so that I could move the soundcard down into the PCI slot it was covering up in order for the CPU cooler to fit.

Oh and did I mention that I used single malt scotch to clean the heat spreader?

paste image host

Last edited:
Hey long time no see. The website is now working like it should for me. So, I was originally targeting clocks above 4ghz, but it became apparent that would require me to put more voltage into it than I would want to. However, I feel pretty good with my OC. 3.95 ghz at 1.408 volts.

With my CPU fans on bottom speed my max cpu temp is ~65C. At full speed the temperature actually peaked up to 72C as the cpu firmware decided to up its cpu speed from 3.95 ghz at 1.4 volts to 4.018 ghz at 1.42 volts... However, discounting that, at full fan speed the CPU temp seems to stick around 63C...

Thus, to sum it up, I can run at 3.95GHZ with my fan speeds bottomed out. Win Win!

I have not really touched my memory OC very much yet. Anyword on the mystical memory mobo firmware updates yet?

Seth

Have you checked ASROK website for the BIOS update? I know for me X370 Tiachi the BIOS update was 3 weeks ago.

With my CPU fans on bottom speed my max cpu temp is ~65C. At full speed the temperature actually peaked up to 72C as the cpu firmware decided to up its cpu speed from 3.95 ghz at 1.4 volts to 4.018 ghz at 1.42 volts... However, discounting that, at full fan speed the CPU temp seems to stick around 63C...

Correct me if I'm wrong here but I'm pretty sure once you OC a Ryzen chip it disables turbo and XFR. I'm thinking your fluctuation is more of a vdroop issue. Either way it looks like a decent OC (for Ryzen).

I believe you're right everything gets disabled once you OC...... I can confirm my Tiachi has a pretty good VDROOP though setting LLC to Level1 at least stopped the fluctuations but it still supplys a lower VCORE then what is stated in Bios, is this the board / manufacturer or software related and is this going to be a normal with Asrock?

Back