• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Data Recovery.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funzie

Situation: I created a JBOD with two 300GB sata drives. Had them setup and formated on Vista. Restarted to install a 300GB IDE where some of the old data was stored while setting up the drives. I had already copied some stuff back to the JBOD from a network PC, when windows booted up one of the disks in the JBOD was corrupted. So with lack of knowleged, I went into the raid setup when booting up, created a new JBOD but did not clear the disks, but in Vista I did a quick format.

Problem: I have tried about 7 different recovery programs, they all see the files and recover them to correct sizes, names, ect... But they are all corrupted, no file works.

Anybody have any suggestions, tips, hints....

Sorry, once a file is corrupted, it's gone. Hopefully you can diagnose the cause of the corruption so it doesn't happen in the future on the same pc. And I'll state the obvious importance of backups for your sensitive data.

I thought i'd reply to post how I recovered the data. I just removed the JBOD so I had individual drives, then I ran recovery software, about 90% of the files were recovered, about 7% of the rest had lost their name but data remained, and the final 3% were lost. On a side not, there was no sensitive data on those disk.

Back