• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDC vs D5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neeon

Registered
Hi
I'm wondering what the advantages of either a D5 or a DDC pump are?
Is it much difference etc?
Thanks

DDCs have worse stock head and flow, but respond better to an aftermarket top. D5s are quieter and produce less heat. DDCs are smaller. Stock vs stock, I'd probably go with a D5, but with a top, I'd go with a DDC.

35X_pqcompared.png

SL-D5_chart-psi.png

DDCs have worse stock head and flow, but respond better to an aftermarket top. D5s are quieter and produce less heat. DDCs are smaller. Stock vs stock, I'd probably go with a D5, but with a top, I'd go with a DDC.

35X_pqcompared.png

SL-D5_chart-psi.png

Thanks,
I'm trying to decide wether I should get a tube reservoir (bitspower) with the D5 pump/res combo or the DDC pump/res combo.

DDCs have worse stock head and flow

Isn't it the opposite of this? The only point on the graph that shows the DDC head pressure lower than a D5 is with the stock top and PWM@10% and even this is roughly inline with a stock D5B.

Isn't it the opposite of this? The only point on the graph that shows the DDC head pressure lower than a D5 is with the stock top and PWM@10% and even this is roughly inline with a stock D5B.

The 35x, technically speaking, doesn't have a "stock top". Only the non-PWM DDCs come stock with the top he's referring to.

The 35x, technically speaking, doesn't have a "stock top". Only the non-PWM DDCs come stock with the top he's referring to.

^this. The head is a little worse, the flow is quite a bit worse, but topping it makes the flow equal and the head much greater.

Back