• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR3 CAS question but in Nehalem i7 920

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shaolin95

So I have been researching but all tests I see are with Sandy Bridge and some people are saying that the results (no real differences) are due to sandy bridge.
What about Nehalem?

I currently have 6GB DDR3 cas 7 and want to move to 12GB for my music work with big VST instruments. Not sure if I should save cash and get a Cas 9 kit or if with Nehalem , Cas 7 does make some difference.
I will be gaming, editing videos and photos too.

Regards

So I have been researching but all tests I see are with Sandy Bridge and some people are saying that the results (no real differences) are due to sandy bridge.
What about Nehalem?

I currently have 6GB DDR3 cas 7 and want to move to 12GB for my music work with big VST instruments. Not sure if I should save cash and get a Cas 9 kit or if with Nehalem , Cas 7 does make some difference.
I will be gaming, editing videos and photos too.

Regards

Depends on frequency, best setup will vary.

See :

http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=160

I dont know wich audio prog you use but i doubt going from CAS7 1600mhz to CAS9 1600mhz will hurt that much. If you are crunching hard 24/7, maybe it can worth it to go for the best speed/timing and save a few minutes a day. Depand on your need but as i told first, i doubt you "need" CAS7 over CAS9.

Get the best price/perf you can :)

Back