• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR3L at 1.67V

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MuHcOw

Hi all :)
According to HWMonitor my DDR3L DIMMs are running at 1.67V...
Bios is set to "Auto".

Is this very very bad? - If yes, what can I do about it??
Have I misread/misunderstood the info from HWMonitor???

These are my DIMMs:
1.png
HWMonitor_01.png

Kind regards

Last edited:
Are you sure its right? Verify in bios or ankther software.

If it is, adjust it back.

Are you sure its right? Verify in bios or ankther software.

If it is, adjust it back.

I'm not sure it's right... BIOS is now set to 1.5V - As low as it can go (unless I changed the wrong setting).
HWMonitor is still showing 1.672V
What other program can I use? I have HWiNFO64 installed but can't see any DRAM Voltage.
3.png

- - - Updated - - -

I always just set my timing and Dram voltage manually in BIOS.

Is there a photo of my BIOS settings that I can show you that will either give me a thumbs up or thumbs down from you?? (regarding RAM)

What do you get if you set AI tuner from Auto to XMP ? Most DDR3 IC will handle the 1.65V easily

I'm not sure exactly which motherboard you have but I can see its an ASUS P6T. If it's the Deluxe then if you look at the bottom right of the motherboard you will see a jumper labeled OV_DRAM_BUS. Power down the system and switch the jumper to the 1-2 position. This will remove the Over Voltage setting from the DRAM and set it back to default (normal) voltage. This should allow you to set the DRAMv down to 1.35v.

Capture.JPG

EDIT:

On the P6T/P6T SE models the jumper is closer to the PCI slots

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I'm not sure exactly which motherboard you have but I can see its an ASUS P6T. If it's the Deluxe then if you look at the bottom right of the motherboard you will see a jumper labeled OV_DRAM_BUS. Power down the system and switch the jumper to the 1-2 position. This will remove the Over Voltage setting from the DRAM and set it back to default (normal) voltage. This should allow you to set the DRAMv down to 1.35v.

EDIT:

On the P6T/P6T SE models the jumper is closer to the PCI slots

4.png

ASUS P6T Deluxe v1
Maybe a bit hard to tell from the photo - But the jumper is already on the 1-2 position.

OK. So your boards minimum voltage is 1.5v. This should be fine as Johan stated most ram can handle up to 1.65v safely. The ram you have is simply low voltage compliant. 1.5v will be totally safe.

Great! - But HWMonitor still shows 1.672V??
Motherboard issue or HWM issue? ...or issue with me :)

Usually find it in the motherboard section on the sensors read out

Okay I tried HWiNFO64 - CPUz - GPUz - RealTemp - something called "Everest" - TurboV* - AI Suite II* / III* and HWMonitor x64....
None of them shows DRAM Voltage (except HWMonitor, which shows 1.672V).
If you know for sure that one of these programs actually DO show DRAM Voltage, please guide me to the right location - Cause I don't know where to look :rain::cry:

Programs marked with '*' would not install/boot on my system - maybe because they only work with specific motherboards... I don't know...
I'm beginning to think that the P6T Deluxe does not support sensor output for DRAM Voltage.

AI Suite is ASUS specific so it's made for your motherboard, though the correct version (of AIS) and more importantly the correct OS may be necessary. Once I get Home I may be able to offer some more suggestions. Just out of ideas at the moment.

Take all the time you need !!! ;)

[EDIT] - Also tried SpeedFan and Intel Extreme Tuning Utility... Non of them shows DRAM Voltage (that I can see)
[BONUS EDIT] - ASUS support send me a working link to AI Suite and TurboV - Non of the two would gives me a readout on DRAM Voltage sensor data.

Last edited:
Back