• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[der8auer ECC] Raptor rev2 GPU Container

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

der8auer

Registered
[der8auer ECC] Raptor rev2 GPU Container

The new Revision of the Raptor GPU pot is a massive full copper solution. I reworked the internal structure to provide a maximum surface for the best and fastest temperature control. To hold the temperature as long as possible I decided to use a solid copper design - 600 g more pure copper compared to Raptor revision 1.

Additionally I increased the size of the contact area so even the biggest IHS will be completely covered.
Raptor rev2 is designed to reach the best temperatures using Liquid Nitrogen or DICE on low-end cards like 8800 GT but also to push your high-end HD 7970 to the real limits.

The new stainless steel mounting system will give you the maximum contact pressure and using the polished stainless steel backplate you don't risk to damage your GPU by bending the PCB.

Details:

details.jpg

Now some pictures :) Pictures showing the structure and mounted will follow tomorrow.

rr2_1.JPG

rr2_2.JPG

rr2_3.JPG

rr2_4.JPG

rr2_5.JPG

rr2_6.JPG

rr2_7.png

rr2_12.JPG

rr2_11.JPG

rr2_13.JPG

rr2_14.JPG

Last edited:
That is one good looking hunk o' copper!

Will insulation be included?

Also, this is probably a stupid question, but what's with the little poking rod? It doesn't look like a screwdriver or anything. Is it for DICE manipulation? :)

That is one good looking hunk o' copper!

Will insulation be included?

Also, this is probably a stupid question, but what's with the little poking rod? It doesn't look like a screwdriver or anything. Is it for DICE manipulation? :)

Thanks mate :)

No, insulation will not be included but of course I also offer armaflex insulation if it's needed.

:D The poking rod is a 2mm hex key :) It's to tighten the screws of the mounting plate:

Attachments

• hex key.JPG
    hex key.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 814
Hah, ok. The end didn't look tapered at all, that's why I asked. Looks like it would still be a good poking stick. :p

I wonder if Frost King would work well to insulate a pot like this. It's thin enough and works great for board insulation. Hmm...

Last edited:
Could be, I never heard about Frost King :) I just use the normal Armaflex.

I got Armaflex tape here ( Armaflex Tape ) and also self-adhesive 6mm, and 13mm Armaflex sheets.

Might just pick some of that up then. It's only $8 for 2" x 30' at Home Depot.

Frost King is my preferred motherboard insulation method. It's a bit of a pain having to peel the aluminum backing off but it works great when you're done. :)

Wow that's a impressive price. Have to pay arround 15€ here for it.

Armaflex is the worst :D The glue is realy good. Few years ago I taped it on the backside of a graphicscard and when I peeled it off I also removed some capacitors and resistors from the PCB :D

Yikes! FrostKing is adhesive, but comes off easily. Plus, once you cut it, you're done - you have insulation for that board for as long as you own it. It's much easier to install (after the initial cutting) than re-applying eraser every time. It also comes off cleanly, unlike other methods. Also, it has the added benefit of actually insulating the board, which after all is part of the point (and is why I hate eraser, it doesn't insulate at all, just seals).

Sorry...a bit off topic, I'll cease and desist now. :)

I allways drip lauqer thinner on the stuff when i want to remove it. So that it breaks down the adhesive, and usually isnt strong enough to damage the pcb epoxy or solder mask.

Look nice though

I've been really tempted to buy something from you a lot of times.
As soon as I start having a collection of stuff worth benching (I can't go LN2 with my daily driver, too risky, need the computer for work), I'll get some stuff from you, since you're also European!! :3

Back