• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Desktop Barton 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bude

Registered
It's locked. Stepping is AQZFA 0411 (is this good?)
I've got MS Pro 450 W :bang head power suply and can't overclock CPU at 2200 (11x200). Can that be cause bad PS?
Voltages :
CPU core 1.68 V
CPU aux 1.62 V
+3.3 V 3.26 V
+5 V 4.92 V
+12 V 12.29 V
-12 V -12.21 V
-5 V -4.62 V

MBO Asus a7n8x Deluxe
2 X Kingmax 256 MB PC3200

Temp @166x11: 39°C in socket & 45 °C on CPU Diode

Last edited:
I could be that you need better cooling or more vcore. is 39c full load of idle cause if it's Idle the temp's alittle high for a stock cpu to be overclocking it.

u think that's not problem with PS or bad stepping of cpu? Just temp? Cause comp work for an hour @2200-1.775V, Prime95 works fine for hour... Then reboot. Temp @ diode go hight on full load, about 65°C when overclocked. Core voltage got oscilation +-0.1V. Is that ok?

fluctuations in Vcore arn't good for sability, but your's isn't all that bad. Pussing some heatsinks on the mosfets will help stabalize the voltage though.

Your main problem is temperature. The hotter a chip is the less stable it is. Generally if you go above 50 you will start to see some problems.

What heatsink are you using? how is the airflow through your case?

Yes I would say you temp is the biggiest problem you have seeing is it hit's 65c and reboot's. Yes I have had more then a .1 var in vcore when overclocked the more stable your rail's are the better but IMO the temp doesn't look good @ all.

Tnx. Problem was with memory. Cpu now works @ 11x200 with 1.70 V core. Temp after 30 min of CoD & 10 min Prime 95 is 47°C @ socket and 64 @ CPU diode. Proc work even @ 215x11 but with 1.775 vcore & 70 °C on diode. I put mem 85% of cpu bus & now mwm works @166. All Works fine. IDLE temp is 41 °C and on diode is about 50.

Those temps are pretty high, even if its a diode temp although 64C on the diode is somehow ok, 70C is high, and I wouldn't recommend that temp and vcore combination.
Also running asynchroniously with the memory really impacts your performance and I think if you could up your vdimm, relax the timings and squeze more speed out of your memory while still running 1:1 with the FSB you'd get better performance.

The Coolest said:
Those temps are pretty high, even if its a diode temp although 64C on the diode is somehow ok, 70C is high, and I wouldn't recommend that temp and vcore combination.
Also running asynchroniously with the memory really impacts your performance and I think if you could up your vdimm, relax the timings and squeze more speed out of your memory while still running 1:1 with the FSB you'd get better performance.

I already have fix that. Now work 1:1 mem & CPU @11x200
Tnx all. After fixing memory CPU works @1.70V and max temp on diode is 65°C. That seems OK. IDLE is about 52 °C.

matttheniceguy said:
That is still pretty hot, I would like to see that temperature come down at least into the 50's

What cooling do you have? stock? do you have any case fans?

Spire Falcon rock II

Will thermalright sp 97 be enought good for cooling this?? ;)

The thermalright will be just perfect to cool your setup :) 52c IDLE is high, but I wouldnt sweat it. Mobile processors in lappy's run far beyond that type of temp and rarely have and negative issues. For the time being, upgrade your cooling and I'm sure you setup will stabilize nicely @ 200*11 1:1

Back