• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED desktop screenshots

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Desktop Widgets..was a vista thing. Not sure if 8 brought that back or 7 for that matter.

7 was a better experience for widgets. Cleaner, easier and such. Pretty much a dead concept now. MS killed the store for them. At one point, there was a reasonably vibrant following for them. In defense of MS, there was some jerks taking advantage of the Gadgets platform. So if anyone is looking for older gadgets, make sure they are not crappy.

The stock eight widgets that are left, work pretty good. Weather and CPU meter are the most usable. Date and time are in the tray already..

Win7- Right desktop click - Gadgets, then drag and drop.

They were killed off some time ago. You might be able to find tiles that do a similar function in 8. MS changed the UI and experience. So you have to look elsewhere, by that. I mean the store..

I believe it's a Photoshop remastered screenshot from the Super Nintendo game Super Metroid.

Refresh.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1919x1079 and weights 1343KB.

For kicks and giggles, I had to recode this to jpeg because the snapshot size was just over 2MB, 2.01MB.

Is that what Linux looks like?

Apple should sue, it looks just like a Mac OSX desktop, rofl

Back