• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI AK75-EC Mobo Temp Probs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ramuhz

Registered
Hey guys, Id just like to say that, I own a DFI AK75-EC Mobo and I had the opportunity witness that its a pretty alright overclockin board. I know their beta bios dated 6/12/2002 allows for 1mhz increment in the fsb which has allowed me to go from a athlonxp 1700+ 1466mhz to 1617mhz 11x multi, 147FSB, and since it only takes sdram, it kinda limited me to only that fsb speed (my rams top speed @ cas3 is 147mhz stated by sandra 2k latest ver). Ive had no probs with it, cept on my previous posts @ the memory/vid card section, which had nothing to do with the dfi mobo i currently own. Anyway, I do however, is a little concerned about this temp prob i am having. On my cpu, I have a thermal take volcano 7 heatsink/fan and artic silver paste, 2 front fans and 2 rear fans (1 recently added), and 1 side intake fan (just recently added also) and also an outtake fan on my psu, my psu is a POWMAX 500watts. Anyway, the prob. Ok, hope somebody here,s got an answer for me :).. Lets say, I turn on my pc, boot up to window, load up my monitor prog which are via hardware monitor 2.04 and sandra 2k. VHM reports my cpu temp as 30 degrees and my mobo/system temp as 19 degrees and sandra reports 32 for cpu and 20 for mobo/system. Thats ok, I nkow that sandra isnt usually 100 percent right, but seems close enough. This is not the problem however. When I reboot and go back into windows, my temp rises on vhm and sandra 2k from the previous figures to new figures like 40degrees for cpu, my sys temp stays the same. Also sandra 2k gives me a warning on the mobo info section that the temperature device implementation is known to vary. Ok I reboot, log back into windows98se, and the temps are back to like 30-31 for cpu and 18-20 for mobo..

Heck, Ive had no crashes though and prime95/sandra 2k/3dmark2001se all ran fine without crashes on both different temps.

Can any1 here offer me any insights on how i can fix this problem?

What's the problem?

Can't seem to see one in your post, but is it only a variation in one of the temps read by a program in 2K? Is the system fine?

Is the temp. variation instant or is there a time lag in the temp coming down?

my problem is: lets say for example, my first boot into windows, my cpu temp is on 28-30 degrees idle.. if i restart my computer and go back into windows, my cpu temp is on 38-40 degrees, then if restart again, it will be back to 28-30 degrees..

Also I found out, it doesnt even have to happen in windows, it can happen when i do a restart, go into bios, look @ the temp which will be around 28 - 30 degrees, save and quit, go back into bios and the temp will rise to 38-40 degrees, then i do another save and quit, then go back into bios and and voila!!, back to 28-30 degrees.. it doesnt always happen like that.. it could stay on 28-30/38-40 degrees without changing for atleast 3 - 4 reboots.

Anywayz, I was just wondering if anybody else got this kinda weird temps reading. I really dont have a prob with this cuz, If my temp is @ 38-40 degrees on reboot, it never goes beyond 44-47 degrees on max load (Prime95 + winamp and dbz episodes using media player). and likewise with my 28-30 degrees reboot, it never goes beyond 36-38 degrees..

So yeah, maybe i really dont have a prob here, but I just kinda found it weird, why my temps keeped on changing.

Back