• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI and quality control

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trueweltall

So I bought a DFI LP JR 790GX-M2RS, first one was DOA would not post. I just got my RMA replacement yesterday it posts a total of FIVE times before kicking the bucket and throwing code 88. The north bridge must have been messed up because when it did boot up if thats what you want to call it the screen had tons of artifacts all over it.

I wonder if DFI actually inspects their motherboards before sending them off to be sold or what?

What are the rest of your system spec's in detail? And in addition to the 24-pin ATX power connector, do you also have both the 8-pin 12V power connector and 4-pin 5V/12V power connector (FDD type) connected to the PSU?

Last edited:
Yeah I have all of those, everything was hooked up right. Its some seasonic 750w psu iirc.

As for the systems specs I don't think thats the problem because I switched everything out for different stuff one point in time trying to trouble shoot the motherboard.

Yeah I have all of those, everything was hooked up right. Its some seasonic 750w psu iirc.

As for the systems specs I don't think thats the problem because I switched everything out for different stuff one point in time trying to trouble shoot the motherboard.
Why don't you be abit more specific with your hardware specs?
We can't help you if we don't know what all is plugged into your motherboard.

I have 8gb of g skill ram
2 4850s
an amd kuma cpu cant remember which one it was, black edition I think
an older amd x2 5000+ BE
One WD 320gb hd
One WD 500GB hd

some other stuff I can't think of the names right now, nothing major though. I have alot of parts laying around in boxes all over the place.

I am on my 3rd RMA for my M2R, the last one I just sent the board back they sent cause the USB controller was fubar'd, he then proceeded to tell my there is an issue with the M2R's and Logitec mice, I called BS.
So, we will see what happens, I can only imagine he will blame me for it and charge me a bunch of money.

I dont think the RMA dept. checks them over very good before sending them out.....

Good luck on your end.....

Yeah I just sent this board in so I will be getting my third one here in about two weeks. Its really frustrating to have to go and do all of this.

Having to RMA more than once sucks but I've had no problems with my P45 JR aside from it being a little quirky and having way more options than I care to mess with or know what to do with.

I think that's the whole problem. DFI got so focused on Intel boards they just let their AMD talent slide. It's like they move toward whatever chip happens to be leading the pack and ignore the other. :-/ I don't recommend DFI at all this time around for AMD systems. Their high-end boards are good OC'ers - but there are others just as good with better support - and their mid-range offerings are just ruining their reputation ...

Back