• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI board is here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Xaggerate said:
I think I'm getting a little annoyed with all this...I've done my reading..and maybe things just seem a bit confusing....

These are the settings I currently have set in the bios:

DRAM Frequency = 200 (DRAM/FSB 1:01)

FSB = 250

LDT/FSB ratio = 4x
-I know I can only up in whole integers. I assume this is the memory frequency ratio?

CPU/FSB ratio = 5x
-I'm assuming this is the cpu/mem ratio?

NOW...If I'm running the above, does this mean I'm running my memory 4x/5x? I assume I'd have to be running at 5x/5x for a REAL 1:1 ratio...BUT..wouldn't bumping up the LDT/FSB ratio exceed the 1000mhz cap of the board? Or am I suppose to be doing that!?!?!? (A64 newb :()

Some funky naming used in the bios (at least for me)

What I'd like to do is run 1:1 as high as I can, then drop it a run the CPU as high as I can..then fiddle around with the ratios to try to max out both...

no ldt/fsb ratio has NO affect on mem ration:). on the Cpu/FSB. the bios controls teh CPU/X ratio you cannot set it your self. setting to a ratio(DRAM Frequency = 166( RAM/FSB)) will change what the bios sets the devisor at. if you use whole numbers above 4x on the cpu/fsb ratio, and bios is set to dramfrequency 200, then your ram will be 1:1.

you may use half numbers on the ldt/fsb ratio:), it will not affect ram speed

ok....so I'm memtesting with a cpu/mem of 5x, and DRAM = 200, so I'm running 1:1 now?

Also, with the LDT/FSB ratio...as long as FSB x LDT does not exceed 1000, I'm ok right? or can I exceed it? I want to bump to 260fsb, do I need to drop LDT to 3x then?

Yes I would suggest 3x LDT, mine seems to get a little unstable when I push up to 1000 HTT speed. I would assume it is a combanation between cooling & there not being any LDT voltage ajustments.

You can even go to 2X just to make shure it is not causing trouble wail you try to find max mem speed at 1:1. After you find max mem, & CPU clock then go back and work with the LDT x to see what is the highest it will run.

I would go ahead and bring my CPU x up to about 8x so that it is putting alittle stress on things wail you find max 1:1 mem speed. This way it want fool you into thinking it can do higher than it can under stress. It also will load your PSU better & the board to help find true limites.

It all gets alittle confussing sometimes with all the new ajustments but it sounds like you are starting to get a fell & understanding of it.

Good Luck - Jess1313

:attn: well guys here is my first 3Dmark score. DFI NF3-250GB+mobile 3200 CH(cooled by pipe 101), and mushkin 222(bh-6)@3.6vdimm, [email protected]( :eek: ). Radeon 9800 pro, vmods+vga silencer@ 488/410, omega 4.8's, and DX 9.0c(i feel 9.0b will yeild better results). all on air cooling, and w/ the new modded beta bios w/ 3.3V+ vdimm adjustment(you must mod the 3.3v rail of PSU for it to work)

3Dmark%20score.jpg

26150:D i feel sure that after a little more tweaking a should be able to get even more:D

Last edited:
Nice score there Jess :)

My OCZ is topping out at 270fsb @ 3.0v 1:1....will a little vcore push help?

Where else should I tweak...I'm only at 270x8 :(

Jess1313 said:
Yes I would suggest 3x LDT, mine seems to get a little unstable when I push up to 1000 HTT speed. I would assume it is a combanation between cooling & there not being any LDT voltage ajustments.

I thought this board supported 1600HTT?

EDIT: good score.... 250x10 sounds good, but I thought you were going for higher HT than that (or are you still working on it? :D , I guess these things dont just happen overnight, eh? :) )

as for your ram, what timings are you usings?, and what your Vdd(chipset voltage)?

Xaggerate said:
Nice score there Jess :)

My OCZ is topping out at 270fsb @ 3.0v 1:1....will a little vcore push help?

Where else should I tweak...I'm only at 270x8 :(

Awesome, good to hear that the EB can go that high!! exciting news.

uhm... next step ---> 270x9! I would prime95 that.

dreIU said:
EDIT: good score.... 250x10 sounds good, but I thought you were going for higher HT than that (or are you still working on it? :D , I guess these things dont just happen overnight, eh? :) )

im still working:D, i can get higher but only w/ my OCZ, and that puts me into a funny spot for my Claw.w/ a 9 multi i need about 280htt to get my 2520 out of my claw, and i just cant get it yet, but the mushkin at 250 is doin good ATM:) i was really glad to get my Claw back in, cuz i could brake 26k w/ the NC :-/

dreIU said:
I am not understanding the bold part...

well its similar to DDR memory, its 2X(or Double Data Rate). its not an acually speed, its just the data rate. its like or memory, we might say that its at 250mhz, but other would say that its really 500mhz(250x2, because of the DOUBLE data rate):D

it seems very confusing to me...

Last edited:
All my voltages are STOCK except the vdimm @ 3.0v

I'm on a Dtek WW....so I should be able to play around with vcore and chipset a little bit...do you have a suggestion?

Jess1313 said:
well its similar to DDR memory, its 2X(or Double Data Rate). its not an acually speed, its just the data rate. its like or memory, we might say that its at 250mhz, but the maufatures would argue that its really 500mhz(250x2, because of the DOUBLE data rate):D

it seems very confusing to me...

I see... so how would that come in to play on my current setup... my HT multi is @ 4, and my HT is at 200. I dont have access toa LDT multi (dont even know what that is to be honest with you), so does that play a role in it?

dreIU said:
I see... so how would that come in to play on my current setup... my HT multi is @ 4, and my HT is at 200. I dont have access toa LDT multi (dont even know what that is to be honest with you), so does that play a role in it?

4(this is the LDT multi)x200(this is your HTT in bios)=800htt x2=1600"fsb"

is this what your asking? sorry for not really understanding:(

Xaggerate said:
All my voltages are STOCK except the vdimm @ 3.0v

I'm on a Dtek WW....so I should be able to play around with vcore and chipset a little bit...do you have a suggestion?

try 1.7v-1.9v on the chipset, although that sucker get hot w/o a fan, i would suggest one blowing over it. what is stock timings 3-2-2-x?

as for Vcore try from 1.55v-1.7v...

I'm cooling the northbridge with a waterblock as well....

Right now the vcore is slightly undervolted...I'll take small steps :)

EDIT: Running stock timings 3-3-2-8

Jess1313 said:
4(this is the LDT multi)x200(this is your HTT in bios)=800htt x2=1600"fsb"

is this what your asking? sorry for not really understanding:(

man_utd said:
Serial sends data and receives data at the same time. Thus the 2x

Thanks for the explanation guys, very well done!

Xaggerate, is the vcore undervolting drastically, or just barely? anyone else can confirm this?

dreIU said:
Thanks for the explanation guys, very well done!

Xaggerate, is the vcore undervolting drastically, or just barely? anyone else can confirm this?

ATM my cvore seems strong, many be at times(idle), .02 volts under, but it seems to almost increase under aload:)

Also if your going by the software tha monitors this it is missleeding, if you check on the board itself with a good DMM(digital multi meter) you will see a diff story

Last edited:
Back