• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI board is here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Jess1313 said:
ATM my cvore seems strong, many be at times(idle), .02 volts under, but it seems to almost increase under aload:)

sounds good to me, I just put in an order for my ATi silencer 4, Vantec chipset cooling, and the DFI mobo (whenever they will have it in stock)... I should be good to go for a little while :clap:

Xaggerate said:
CPU-Z reports 1.472-1.488, bios reports 1.48-1.50....so it's not so bad...

humm...lol. i usually dont trust cpu-z, try the hardware moniter thats on the MoBo disk:)

Xaggerate said:

Don't the desktops need 1.55vcore to run?

EDIT: Jess, is that bios you modded (that also fixes the temp issue) in this thread somewhere?

dreIU said:
EDIT: Jess, is that bios you modded (that also fixes the temp issue) in this thread somewhere?

heres the 3.8+vdimm bios, modded by Jess1313 :cool: . i didnt do the temp fix, nor the TT fix(this goes to oscar at DFI-street), but i did do the vdimm opions above 3.1vdimm. but they dont work unless you have a modded 3.3vrail. i need 3.74v on my 3.3vrail to get 3.6vdimm opion to work in bios. its just because there isnt enought voltage there for the IC to give:)

dreIU said:
Don't the desktops need 1.55vcore to run?

no stock for a desktops and DTR's is 1.5vcore, and for CH mobiles its 1.4vcore and for NC mobiles its 1.2vcore

Xaggerate said:
also the only really way to know is to measure directly on the mobo,w/ a Digita multi meter, on the base of the Chocks. i have done this, an the voltage is stronge. just be VERY CAREFUL if you do this, there are very many compontates around there, many involved the the Vcore circuit, and if anythink was shorted, then your could lose a mobo, and a cpu.

ALMOST memtest stable @ 280x9....w/ the following settings:

3.0v vdimm
1.66v vcore
stock northbridge voltage....

Still working on it...gonna try 3.1v...maybe increase the northbridge...but I can't POST with anything greater than 270fsb without increasing vcore...

Xaggerate said:
ALMOST memtest stable @ 280x9....w/ the following settings:

3.0v vdimm
1.66v vcore
stock northbridge voltage....

Still working on it...gonna try 3.1v...maybe increase the northbridge...but I can't POST with anything greater than 270fsb without increasing vcore...

yead diffinatly try upping the chipset voltage to 1.7-1.9v, and maybe vcore to 1.7v:)

Jess1313 said:
heres the 3.8+vdimm bios, modded by Jess1313 :cool: . i didnt do the temp fix, nor the TT fix(this goes to oscar at DFI-street), but i did do the vdimm opions above 3.1vdimm. but they dont work unless you have a modded 3.3vrail. i need 3.74v on my 3.3vrail to get 3.6vdimm opion to work in bios. its just because there isnt enought voltage there for the IC to give:)

Great thanks, you did say that you just used winflash, right?

dreIU said:
Great thanks, you did say that you just used winflash, right?

yes :) i really like it much better that AWDflash(floppy). and havent had anyproblems w/ it yet(knock on wood:))

It's hanging right at the start of Test #5...so it's either the end of the road for the EB...or maybe an upping of the chipset voltage will push it a weeee bit farther....

dreIU said:
EDIT: 250x10 sounds good, but I thought you were going for higher HT than that (or are you still working on it?)

oh also, in most cases higher HTT has very little affect on overall perfomance, unless your ram is ran @ 1:1 w/ it. like HTT@350 w/ ram at 250mhz, has very little advantage over HTT@250 w/ ram @250mhz. but it is good to be able to get such high HTT's because i feel that sometime soon the is the possiblity of even faster DDR's that could maybe run at least 300-325+mhz, and as well, if you have a low Multi CPU(IE 2800 NC/CH, having only 9x for the NC, and 8x for the CH) you will need high HTT w/ ram on a ratio to get alot of clock.

i have had the board up to 320HTT on stock cooling, but not at 1:1(my rams not up to that:p), but there are people that have gotten more HTT w/ more cooling over at DFI-street.

Looks like it's the end of the road....

Got to 280...can't past memtest #5 with 1.8v chipset, 3.1v vdimm, and 1.67v vcore...

Do you think I can get away with 113% (1.71ish) on the vcore..or am I pushing it?

Xaggerate said:
Looks like it's the end of the road....

Got to 280...can't past memtest #5 with 1.8v chipset, 3.1v vdimm, and 1.67v vcore...

Do you think I can get away with 113% (1.71ish) on the vcore..or am I pushing it?

you got water on that chip right?

Jess1313 said:
you got water on that chip right?

either way, I think that it is OK... from what I have read, I understood that 1.7ish is the limit for air. That is the max I would go (well, 1.71 in his case is OK too IMO).

EDIT: jess, thanks for the explanation in post 134! :D

dreIU said:
either way, I think that it is OK... from what I have read, I understood that 1.7ish is the limit for air. That is the max I would go (well, 1.71 in his case is OK too IMO).

EDIT: jess, thanks for the explanation in post 134! :D

no problem. :D yeah 1.7v is an OK. as long as your not on the Stock HSF. i have used 1.75vcore on my claw but just for benching. but 1.7-1.72vcore is good for 24/7.

alright....I'll try 1.72...but I aint going any farther....

Settings to pass 280:

3.1v vdimm
1.8v chipset
1.72v vcore

It WILL not do x10 no matter what I do above 250...

Back