• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI DK P45-T2RS Plus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah, that's the one I have. No one at DFI-Club has a solution I suppose?

All they told me at DFI Club was that there was no fix for the 3870X2. No explanation at all about why it wouldn't work, just that it wouldn't work.

Kind of hard to believe DFI is gonna just let an entire chipset not support X2 cards. I suppose when people don't buy their motherboards they'll decide to figure it out.

Kind of hard to believe DFI is gonna just let an entire chipset not support X2 cards. I suppose when people don't buy their motherboards they'll decide to figure it out.

Apparently 4870X2's have a problem with X38-X48 that can be solved by a bios update. But I saw several references to unsolvable some problem 3870X2's had with certain P35's of theirs. It seems maybe their P45's have a similar problem. On the other hand, not a lot of people are posting about it, so maybe it's only with certain 3870's....I know DFI Club seems very short with you if you post problems about these cards.

so far my attempts at high fsb have failed. Cpu is stable at 4800Mhz but the highest fsb I can get stable is 505. I'll keep plugging away but so far no settings I've found anywhere are stable.

so far my attempts at high fsb have failed. Cpu is stable at 4800Mhz but the highest fsb I can get stable is 505. I'll keep plugging away but so far no settings I've found anywhere are stable.

I had to keep bumping up the Vnb as I went up the ladder after I got to 530 or so. It wasn't stable when the NB temp got very high (like 40) and it wasn't stable a really high speed until I moved nb GTL down to .58. You also might want to try it with Enhance Data Trasmit on normal (?) or do they call it auto, and Enhance Addressing on normal also.

Hey Hilight, when going for high FSB did you ever experienced a hard wall? I've gone up to 563FSB without really touching anything and then I can't go any further regardless what I do. Is it common to hit such a wall then have to go crazy on the voltage to go any higher? If I go to 564FSB (or above) with the same settings, the system won't even post. Settings using a E8600:

vcore:1.43v
vpll: 1.55v
vnb: 1.40v
vtt: 1.38v
GTL: 61x 61x 58x
FSB Vref: Auto

Hey Hilight, when going for high FSB did you ever experienced a hard wall? I've gone up to 563FSB without really touching anything and then I can't go any further regardless what I do. Is it common to hit such a wall then have to go crazy on the voltage to go any higher? If I go to 564FSB (or above) with the same settings, the system won't even post. Settings using a E8600:

vcore:1.43v
vpll: 1.55v
vnb: 1.40v
vtt: 1.38v
GTL: 61x 61x 58x
FSB Vref: Auto

Well I wouldn't say I hit a hard wall, but I found that to go much above 570, I really had to pump the nb voltage--seems like it'd do 570 on something like 1.43, but to do 580 and above I had to go to 1.49. But once I bumped up the v, it was good to go past 600. nb GTL was important too. Mine worked best at .58, but you might have to play a bit with yours to find out what it likes the best. GTL was the difference between stability and instability at 610.

I found the problem. Seems I have a hole in my FSB after 563. Tested each mhz up to 570 and still nothing. Bumped it up to 575 and now I'm back to superpi 32mb testing. :)

Back