• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Lanparty UT nF4 SLi DR memory problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JTanczos

I put together a computer with a DFI Lanparty UT nF4 SLi DR motherboard. II am having problems with it now. It seems any stick of ram I put in has errors but the sticks themselves come up with different errors. One stick crashes memtest within 5 minutes.. One doesnt even load memtest. Another has about 6000 errors within 30 seconds.

What do I try?

They are 1gig of some Giel PC4400.
and 512mb of XMS cosair PC3200

JT

Fisrt thing you should do is set the basic timmings in the bios manually, DFI Street also has a thread on bios memory settings that you should check out.

If that fails you should go to there website and see if they have a support forum so you can manually set the timings and such in bios from their recomendations.

If none of that works then you most likely have a bad stick of ram but its not likely since you have 3 sticks that are giving you errors.

I didnt change the timings for the ram. They were at 2.5-3-3-8 but I upped the voltage to 2.8V which solved my dads problem when his didnt work. It let the computer boot with all 3 sticks but itself Memtest crashes on both main sticks on test 6 at 6% with pass at 34%. I am going to try a floppy memtest now to see if maybe its the MB memtest.

JT

*edit* I tried using 2.5-4-4-7 at 2.8V and it didnt give any errors but memtest itself crashed at test 5 "Block Move"

It crashes there every time and I dont know why

Last edited:
Back