• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I see this in a dream?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
H100?

h100_rad_v2.png

Here's my badly drawn images:

radbottom.jpg

View from the bottom of the radiator. Grey area is the fins/heatpipes, all surrounded in a white box that has holes to mount two fans to.

radfront.jpg

Grey area is fins/heatpipes on top of the CPU, heatpipes rise up to radiator inside of white box.

radside.jpg

Grey area is fins/heatpipes on CPU, heatpipes bend to meet the fan mounts for the top of the case.

It's a Susanoo, but worse because it's blowing hotter air through it. I had this idea too. It's impractical because it'd have to be redesigned for each individual case, and longer travel heatpipes like this are inefficient. Look at the Susanoo VS the NHD14. It loses, despite it's 4 fans vs 2 and significantly higher fin area and heft. The H100 already basically does this in a pre packaged format and works because unlike heatpipes, hoses are pliable to suit the different socket to roof distance based on case and motherboard.

Perhaps what you saw A rackmounted servers proprietary heat pipe setup, pulled out of server and put into a desktop case. there is a lot of rackmount server hardware that does things similar to what your talking about.

That doesn't quite fit your description of "bolting to the case" or "using 120 or 140mm fans". But if you found it, neat. Actually looks like a decent cooler, but pretty spendy.

That doesn't quite fit your description of "bolting to the case" or "using 120 or 140mm fans". But if you found it, neat. Actually looks like a decent cooler, but pretty spendy.

I thought it was bigger, and would maybe hook directly to the top fans of a case, but memory tends to exaggerate.

If it wasn't so expensive, that would work good in custom built rackmounted servers.

$50 + $10-20 for a couple of 60mm fans. It would probably work very good, but yeah.

In reality though, I was actually looking at these two coolers:

Antec - Like the price.
Zalman - Like the looks.
Better than those two: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

Here is the one I use on my servers: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103057
Strap on two high speed 92mm deltas. That thing cools pretty good and fits in a 4u case.

Actually Corey, the Hyper 212+ is cheaper than the Zalman, but not a better cooler. The Zalman does cool better, but for the money they want for it you can get much better performance for cooling. I would recommend something like a TRUE Rev. C with a couple of low speed Yate Loons. Be aware that the Yates have closed corners and you will need to open them up to use on the TRUE because of the fan clipping system.

I stand corrected, then. I've owned the 9500. It never cooled that well and figured that the 212+ was better! :shrug:

Back