• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did Microsoft deliberately RootKit everyones computer to allow spying by the NSA, CIA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
UnseenMenace said:
At this point I stopped reading !!!! Steve Gibson :bang head

Steve Gibson often is referred to as being a "Security Expert", yet one has to see his appearances on *real* security boards/interviews/gatherings. Where was Steve Gibson at Defcon/BlackHat Conference ? Why doesn't he comment/ on Bugtraq or other Security Focus mailing lists ?
The answer is quite simple: he would get nailed down by arguments and facts from real security experts in less then a minute. These persons tend not to be very impressed by self-proclaimed Security Experts and his obfuscation of the real issues and intentions.

As you can read on his resume page, Gibson worked for years as a marketer "Gibson founded a proprietorship specializing in media advertising and public relations" , and that's what he is really good at.

http://www.grcsucks.com/

Don't believe the hype Gibson Research Centre (GRC) is flawed information - nothing more nothing less
I hadn't heard of Steve Gibson prior to read the posted article.

Yes, it's definatly meant to be there. You see Microsoft and the Govermant have a deal where Bill Gates can stay out of the courts for a few years, as long as he does a few favors for them. Or maybe Bill Gates is not even real to begin with and is a robot built by the CIA to trick us all into thinking hes a lovable little nerd. Seriousely though I think this claim is pretty far fetched, I mean Windows finds new Exploits in their code every month. This time this guy supposidly found it before Microsoft, that in no way means it was there on purpose, after all with all new code comes new flaws.

I think the quote I saw from another OCforum member sums it up.

"A computer is like a Air Conditioner.... You open up windows and it stops working right."

I HAAAAATE Microsoft with a passion. Why? Because I discovered Linux... I find it moronic that some guys can make a free OS than outperforms and is more stable/secure than one of the largest corporations in the worlds OS.

But im forced to use it till people start making DirectX ports and developers make good games for Linux (oh happy day..)
MS is BS

Personally I belive it. Just one corporation helping out the larger one (the Governmanet)

Looking at the WMF bulletin, http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms06-001.mspx , it says Win2k3, WinXP, Win2k, and Win98se (not exploitable, but the code is still there) and WinME (also not exploitable).

Steve Gibson says he's investigating this because MS patched the old OSes..
Steve Gibson was curious about why Microsoft was not releasing a patch for the earlier versions of Windows to remedy the WMF vulnerability. MS had stated in their Technical Bulletin that they saw no need to patch the older Windows operating system because the WMF 'vulnerability' didn't affect those OS's.
It does exist, but it's dormant.

I thought the CC hack was pretty brilliant myself, and I don't fear it too much anymore (nor would I have earlier).

Steve Gibson really rattles my cage its like all that BS about 'nanoprobes' in his ShieldsUp security diagnostic tool WTF is a nanoprobe, has anyone heard of one from anywhere else but GRC ?....... The reason is its nothing but a SYN packet
Your *** will be assimilated; resistance is <1 ohm.

Comparing Microsoft Windows to Linux is like comparing a .22 to a .50 Action-Express Desert Eagle. No comparison. But, confound it...DirectX...*sigh*

few things here:

1st don't forget that we are still under link
*Gov* can do what and when ever they feel like.

2nd if $M will do that it will make also so many *GOV* PC's vurnable to the world and they can't effort that part. I try to find the link but 87% of the US GOV is run on $M software.

3rd who cares any more live you life for today not for tomorrow ( one of those days some idiot will blow this world up so what is the point to play cat and the mouse game any more)

4th I vote for PEDRO !!!

Boki, you should be shot for "4th" Why can't that stupid movie just go away!!

But you are right. If Winders had a root kit preinstalled in it, it would make the Gov 'puters vuln also. Not gonna happen. Steve Gibson can go blow it out his rear!

Captain Newbie said:
Except the law that made the government (Constitution) and is higher than it prohibit most of that stuff. But that's political and we don't talk about that here.

AGREE,
my bad i shouldn't add Political statement, sorry.

Captain Newbie said:
Except the law that made the government (Constitution) and is higher than it prohibit most of that stuff. But that's political and we don't talk about that here.

They can ammend the constitution.

Points to sig. link.

Back