• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did the Hardware Truck Arrive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cold.nut

:welcome: Everyone! I am proud to announce the unification of cold.nut, son of Mr. cold.nut & Mrs. cold.nut to a great looking EP45-UD3P, son of Gigabyte Technologies, and an E6600 son of Intel. Along with a beautiful set of Ballistix Tracers with D9's!

It is my honor to present to an evening of holy unification. Everyone is invited :grouphug:!

:blah::blah::blah: :rofl: I get it... I'm a goober!

Nah but seriously, I got an EP45-UD3P v1.0, an E6600 (SL968) "B", along with a set of D9 tracers!

If I get a lucky chip, this stepping of E6600 is supposed to be beast! Especially the "B" batch! :thup:

I am way excited to start testing this platform! Started out with some issues today though.. Got everything plugged in and setup and when I flip the power button on the PSU, the thing powers on and randomly powers off with no display. It seems to be posting though.. I just can't tell because I don't get a picture.

Something to figure out over the week so I can have some time with it this Sunday! :thup: Pictures are for tomorrow! It's late..

Very nice Sr... Maybe now you can finally do the required benches and get the required points to join us over at the other side of the fence...

:thup:

still having issues with Video. it seems to me that everything is fine.. board powers on and fans etc. all run. the mainboard does randomly poweroff, sometimes quicker than the time before.

the board does have a slightly bent pin in the socket, but the seller said it still worked fine. as well, i tried CLR cmos.

Here is an album of some pictures of the socket and a full body shot.

Last edited:
Looks like you have more than one bent pin. Looks like there's one at the top of the socket that's bent pretty badly. Might just be a jpeg artifact thhough.

Looks like you have more than one bent pin. Looks like there's one at the top of the socket that's bent pretty badly. Might just be a jpeg artifact thhough.

reviewed the pins this evening.. still appears there is only that one on the east side of the socket.

it has to be something else that is wrong. it wouldn't even power on if that pin was bad right :shrug:

Hopefully you can get it working. Maybe you could just bend it back into place? :shrug:

I hope you can, that's a beast of a board. But my god, that would be CRAZY to mount a V2 on due to those caps literally being right next to the socket.

still having issues with Video. it seems to me that everything is fine.. board powers on and fans etc. all run. the mainboard does randomly poweroff, sometimes quicker than the time before.

the board does have a slightly bent pin in the socket, but the seller said it still worked fine. as well, i tried CLR cmos.

Here is an album of some pictures of the socket and a full body shot.
Edited my post with this quote, as I didn't see it at first.

I had the same issue with my P5Q. Turns out a cap was bad. It would stay on and randomly power off.

Last edited:
Very nice Sr... Maybe now you can finally do the required benches and get the required points to join us over at the other side of the fence...

:thup:
+1 Looking forward to some activity out of this guy for months now... :thup: :grouphug:

Sorry about the borkedness of the board, if its not one thing, its another it seems. :rain:

good news team.. it was just a bad stick of ram that the board didn't like in it. working with a single channel d9 ballistix for now. going to get these refunded! the board is up and running though! did some testing on my d9 ballistix stick tonight. i like them already :thup:!

can't wait to see more results with this setup! it will undergo LN2 when the pre-testing is over. i learned my lesson from the first few subzero sessions without pre-testing :bang head

good news team.. it was just a bad stick of ram that the board didn't like in it. working with a single channel d9 ballistix for now. going to get these refunded! the board is up and running though! did some testing on my d9 ballistix stick tonight. i like them already :thup:!

can't wait to see more results with this setup! it will undergo LN2 when the pre-testing is over. i learned my lesson from the first few subzero sessions without pre-testing :bang head

Woohoo, good to know you got the issue figured out!:clap:

How do those Ballistix you have clock? I'm a sucker for d9 ram and their results. Give em like 2.5v (make sure to have fans on them) and see what they can do if you haven't already.;)

Woohoo, good to know you got the issue figured out!

How do those Ballistix you have clock? I'm a sucker for d9 ram and their results. Give em like 2.5v (make sure to have fans on them) and see what they can do if you haven't already.

I didn't have time to do any crazy MHz tonight on them.. Just a little tweaking and testing to see what they can do for sure! My goal was to just get the board working.. I did; so I am happy :)! I wish, damnit, that I wouldn't have recieved a DOA stick of memory from a benching team member though.. That disappointed me and makes me wonder if there are robbers out and about in our community.

Overall happy though :thup:

I didn't have time to do any crazy MHz tonight on them.. Just a little tweaking and testing to see what they can do for sure! My goal was to just get the board working.. I did; so I am happy :)! I wish, damnit, that I wouldn't have recieved a DOA stick of memory from a benching team member though.. That disappointed me and makes me wonder if there are robbers out and about in our community.

Overall happy though :thup:

Ya, the good thing though is that the board works; better a stick of ram being bad than the board.

I also have a UD3P and Ballistix, and it is a great combo. The board and ram gel so well together. The UD3P is definitely a great board for ddr2 clocking.:attn:

Throw the stick in a bag and then the stick+bag combo into the freezer.
Take it out the next day, let thaw, let dry, and odds are it'll be happy as a clam.
D9s are wonderful like that.

Throw the stick in a bag and then the stick+bag combo into the freezer.
Take it out the next day, let thaw, let dry, and odds are it'll be happy as a clam.
D9s are wonderful like that.

will do Bob :thup:! going to be testing the FSB until I get my other Ballistix stick working.

i have to have an open apology to the seller of these sticks of memory. they were sold from a great seller and they were a great buy! i would like to thank him for being a great sport about the stick being a "dud".

who knows though..? :shrug: the freezer trick may work :)!

Check this out guys!
If your your absolutely sure the one stick arrived DOA , I have no problem sending you a full refund. Go ahead and keep the working one, consider it a donation towards your membership in the benchmarking team.

Member: Sephis - I am sorry man :thup:! You're a great man to have in this community!

thats why it pays to buy from OCF and not fleabay. Good luck you nut hope the freezer trick works. I once did an oven trick on a stick and it worked but it was a crappy promos pc4200 not precious ballistix D9 status

did some more testing on the D9 last night! pushed em' to 1066 MHz @ CAS5 2.4v. that was just a quickie though :).

it should be able to do a lot more with maybe 2.5v - 2.6v! i just wanted to see if i could break the 1 GHz barrier last night.

Decent D9s will do 1060-4-4-4-4 at 2.1v. All D9s should do 1066-5-5-5 at 2v.
At 2.5-2.6v some can get 1200-4-4-4-4 or more.

Keep them cool! Heat kills, quickly, with D9s.

Decent D9s will do 1060-4-4-4-4 at 2.1v. All D9s should do 1066-5-5-5 at 2v.
At 2.5-2.6v some can get 1200-4-4-4-4 or more.

Keep them cool! Heat kills, quickly, with D9s.

Speaking of 1200-4-4-4, my new D9s did 1200-4-4-4 at stock volts (it was left on Auto in my ASUS bios). I was pretty happy with them already but as soon as I saw them do that, I was completely psyched. :D

Might want to doublecheck what stock voltage turns out to be :D

Also running D9s are 1.8v has been known to kill them, for unknown reasons. They actually like a bit more voltage apparently.

Back