• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

difference from 1/4 to 3/8?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, I was looking at that, its too tall, but I do have that window on the side I am making mesh bubble out from. It would fit once the case is on, but I would have to bend the case slightly when removing the top.

I know about the low profile one, I thought thats what you were talking about in the first place. According to that site, it is ~2.5cm thick, I have a little less then 2cm from the core of the video card to the edge of the case. However, I am making changes that would allow for this to fit anyway.

f765dae7.jpg

The mesh is bubbled outward, I would have enough room.

I've been looking all over the place and with no luck. All the video blocks seem to be about the same size. You could always take a look over at bit-tech and see if you can find some ideas.

Well if I go along with the mesh sides, I will have enough room. Im probably going to do it, so I wont worry.

Does that waterblock (the second one) look like it will be good enough?

I'm a little confused on how the first or second block will work. It kinda looks like your going to drill many holes through the block. kinda like a crossed drilled design. Also kinda looks your your going to have open holes in the bottom for some reason.

well, the bottom is like a cheap copy of the cool cross drilled design in the picture I found. Sitting on top of that is annother piece of copper with two 3/8" holes going almost all the way through, and a few 3/8" holes will be drilled to allow water to go through from the top to the bottom. So the flow of water would go like this. Water comes in one end and flows down to the bottom piece, then across in the tiny holes to the other side, then up and out.

waterblock2-1.jpg

I figured I would solder a thin sheet of coper on the sides to cover them.

Back