• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

digital camera for girl friend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
one of my close friends has that exact camera. its really nice

$219 is actually on the low end for my girlfriend. i think i might ask my parents to pitch in for the memory card. her parents absolutely spoil me. we've been going out for more than 2 1/2 years.

brisk, is this what you're talking about?
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-160-023&depa=7

edit: does anyone know more about best buys price matching? i have heard they match the price and give you 10% of the difference. that would bring the price to 219-.1(279.99-219.99) = $212.90 with no s/h

Last edited:
most price matching done by stores will be on an advertised flier or if you walk into the store ... (i know places like office depot wont price match against something you were ordering online, but they would match it if it was something else in town or within about a 30 min drive that was an advertised price that could be verified by a phonecall)

i browsed around the american tv (worst large chain store website ever) and best buy websites and found the price match thing, both specifically exlude online prices :( circuit city doesnt specifically exlude online prices, but it says local stores prices (and they dont have the camera anyways). i might try to go in and find a helpfull;) employee somewhere anyways

Actually, disregard the radioactive deals price!!! Those guys are the biggest bunch of motherf***ers ever! DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER BUYING FROM THEM. After placing my order, they made me call them. I knew they'd do that, so I call them. And then some s***ty salesperson comes up and says "the batteries only last 15 minutes. we can upgrade for $150. If you blah blah blah, we can get the price down to $99" I politely said no. Then, the same thing about warranty. After I refuse everything, and agree to what they say, I check the order status... and WTF?!?!?! It says it's backordered. That's what happened to all the guys in the reviews. The reviews were either really good or really bad. The good ones all purchased their way overpriced s***, and got the camera and good service. The bad ones didn't get any "accessories" and they got their cameras backordered. This is the biggest scam ever. Whatever you do, make sure that you buy the camera from someone who doesn't require you to call them. Needless to say, I am canceling my order, leaving them incredibly bad rating all over the net, and never shopping from them again! :mad:

termin@tor said:
Actually, disregard the radioactive deals price!!! Those guys are the biggest bunch of motherf***ers ever! DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER BUYING FROM THEM. After placing my order, they made me call them. I knew they'd do that, so I call them. And then some s***ty salesperson comes up and says "the batteries only last 15 minutes. we can upgrade for $150. If you blah blah blah, we can get the price down to $99" I politely said no. Then, the same thing about warranty. After I refuse everything, and agree to what they say, I check the order status... and WTF?!?!?! It says it's backordered. That's what happened to all the guys in the reviews. The reviews were either really good or really bad. The good ones all purchased their way overpriced s***, and got the camera and good service. The bad ones didn't get any "accessories" and they got their cameras backordered. This is the biggest scam ever. Whatever you do, make sure that you buy the camera from someone who doesn't require you to call them. Needless to say, I am canceling my order, leaving them incredibly bad rating all over the net, and never shopping from them again! :mad:

www.resellerratings.com

Sony Cybershot-U, you can get them in tons of different colors, and its so small I can fit it inside my fist. Came with rechargable batteries and a bigger (don't know size) memory stick. I think the normal was 16mb, this is something like 128mb.

termin@tor said:
If you would read, I posted that site above :rolleyes:

There were some pretty good reviews, and some pretty bad ones. I couldn't make it out that only people who purchased accessories got their cameras.

Well you obviously didn't check out all your retailers thru them before posting;) I was reiterating the point to always check an online retailor thru them before purchasing anything. I think you will agree with me that that point is worth making again;) Now I would rolleyes you back but I think I will not do that and just remind you that you can edit out the radioactive link in your previous posts so no one goes there and gets reamed without going far enough in this thread to find out the truth :sn:

The site you posted has a Six-Month and life long Rating: 2.97 on resseler ratings:eek: I would not call that mixed :rolleyes:

that definately looks like a scamming vendor. as far as i read, if you order accesories, you het your order. if you dont order any accesories, your order gets backordered and then canceled. the only people who were at all satisfied were the suckers who said things like "very knowledgable staff who helped me pick out the right accesories" there seem to be a handful of these types of scammers in NY

bensa, i definately like the look of the cybershot-u, but i dont like the lack of zoom. but i also really like its price... hmmm

if there are any ultra compact 2 megapixel cameras with 2x or 3x optical zoom for under $200, please share

edit: this seems to be a more favorable store, without all the horrible reviews:

http://electricsam.com/shop/product.aspx?ref=bizrate&sku=CAPSD110

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller5678-p2-s1-d1.html

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back