• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

qwerty1232

Registered
Hello.. I have touched the cpu socket and some of its pins are.. i think deformed.. but my pc still works but its temp reaches 95~C..

Does it affect the temperature reading??

Thanks for replies :D

Last edited:
Hello.. I have touched the cpu socket and some of its pins are.. i think deformed.. but my pc still works but its temp reaches 95~C..

Does it affect the temperature reading??

Thanks for replies :D

I would remove the CPU and see if you can straiten the pins with a credit card or other flat plastic item.

Make sure your heatsink is properly installed with thermal compound when you reinstall it. What CPU?

sir MakoShark the CPU temperature is still the same..

by the way.. what is more important? cpu temperatures? or core temperatures?

the cpu temperatures are still 95~C even when idle..
but the core 1 and core 2 and around 49~C

When you took the CPU out. Did you apply a fresh application of thermal compound to the lid of the CPU? When you reinserted it. Since it sounds like a case of the CPU package is not fully dissipating heat to the heat sink. Plus you did not mention that you reapplied it. Which if you do not know about *TIMs, would be an easy thing to overlook.
If you did not.. We can surely help you get it right. Plus answer any questions you may have on the subject. You sort of sound new to computer parts. We are very friendly about that here. We all start someplace and share as we learn.

* Thermal Interface Materials

Last edited:
HELP WHAT IS THE REAL READING BETWEEN THESE??

Realtemp (First Two), SpeedFan (Third), ASUS PC PROBE II (Fourth)

WtF_zpse4e98067.jpg

That I'm unsure of. So I am going to say, anything is better than nothing,

Even toothpaste is better than nothing! At least for a short while before it dries out and becomes worse than nothing. Seriously though, don't use toothpaste!

Make sure to properly clean both the cpu and heatsink with isopropyl alcohol before applying fresh TIM, and don't touch the surfaces with your finger after cleaning them. Finger grease will reduce the performance of the TIM. Coffee filters are great for cleaning as they are lint free and easily available.

Last edited:
Back