• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DIY bolt through kit?? anyone make one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
haha ya im still round!

as far as a bolt through kit for 478 the easiest i came up with was to do similar to above... make a proper back plate that secures the stock 478 clip backet so you dont get a board that bends due to the pressure.

Hey, nd4spdbh2! Glad to see you! :clap: :)

Your DIY backplates are perfect! More than sturdy. HS companies should seriously hire you as a consultant.

So far, I've found:

-1/8in T6061 aluminum
-6/32nd screws - slanted heads (they fit perfect on my board)
-neoprene washer

Only thing I can't find (yet) is proper size springs. So far, Ace Hardware has been far more help than Home Depot on this particular mission.

I'll post back with pics when done. THANKS for the inspiration, nd4spdbh2!

nd4spdbh2, thinking of doing this with xp-90c, how did you cut the ali, and how do you tell when to stop tightening?

ChanceCoats made one for the Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer a year or so ago.

Wow, it's odd popping into a thread and seeing your name being used in a good way. :rofl:

I did do a little bit of work with my Sunbeam CCTF. The first revision cause a lot of motherboard strain. However, I didn't use springs to even the load, nor did I really take the time to fit the pieces I used. I'd say it could be easily done now that I look back on it. :thup:

Hmmmm, makes me want to buy better springs for my Megahalem here!

Lots of pressure is good! If I did I might want to buy some Artic Silver though as I use Permatex Antisieze (nickle) as TIM,, been using it for a couple years now too!

Last edited:
Hehe, you might want to pass on Artic Silver. When is the last time you read up on Tpaste?

Head over to Skinneelabs.com.

I used some of those electrons also. By now they have been through your rig a few billion times.

Hehe, you might want to pass on Artic Silver. When is the last time you read up on Tpaste?

Head over to Skinneelabs.com.

I used some of those electrons also. By now they have been through your rig a few billion times.

Any recommendations on that LOL like Colegate or somthing? :rofl:

Nice articles on that site though! :thup:

Back