• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do I have a dud Northwood?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi dez168

Hello all

I also have problem going my fsb at 133 and when I try to o/c at 2.4 I get the same result , "it doesn't even reboot out of bios" as you said dez168...

My memory is kingston 256 mb 266ddr ... BUT if you read This Thread you will see that I also get the same result with some o/c memory ... corsair XMS 2700/ 333 ddr.

If anybody have some answers plz help us :/

p.s. Ow and as for your basic problem ... My cpu with my friends parts worked perfectly at 133 fsb :) .So dont worry so much about your cpu ...

Bigsexy said:

Lucky you! Setting the up voltage a bit would help me, I think! But I can´t do this in my bios (like you) and I won´t do the wire trick. I´m still hoping, Asus will bring on a bios where I can set the voltage in bios beyond fsb133, too!
i think that if you do the wire trick for 1.7v you will be ok, and not running too hot, and depending on your chip, you might ve able to hit the max of 150.:D atleast 145 with 1.7v if not more.:cool:

CSHawkeye81 said:
right now its 80mhz agp and 40mhz pci

oh, oh - I think my cheap tv-tuner card wouldn´t do this!

And 80mhz for the graphics adapter sounds pretty (too) much to me, too!

....how do I recognize, that the cards "dislike" the bus-speed? Will they only "not work" at all or will they work to a point and then take damage?

And @jdmcnudgent: Am I right, when I say my pci @ fsb 150 would be 37.5mhz and the agp 75mhz ??

And another question - taking a look into the jumper settings of the P4T-E I´ve recognized, I could set fsb 150 with pci 30 / agp 60 - what effects will this "underclock" for the bus-speeds have??

Last edited:
Bigsexy said:

oh, oh - I think my cheap tv-tuner card wouldn´t do this!

And 80mhz for the graphics adapter sounds pretty (too) much to me, too!

....how do I recognize, that the cards "dislike" the bus-speed? Will they only "not work" at all or will they work to a point and then take damage?

And @jdmcnudgent: Am I right, when I say my pci @ fsb 150 would be 37.5mhz and the agp 75mhz ??

And another question - taking a look into the jumper settings of the P4T-E I´ve recognized, I could set fsb 150 with pci 30 / agp 60 - what effects will this "underclock" for the bus-speeds have??
that should be fine for you, agp/pci, bignuttz was running at that with his. i dont know what mine are at right now unfortunatley, i know its up there, but if i try to underclock them on my board, i get nothing, but i know it will work on the p4t-e. i have a tv tuner card and sblive, but i opt not to use because i would rather overclock. the only things in my box right now is my 8500, and usb2.0, which does not use a pci slot. gotta love overclocking.:D

i think ppl call them "duds" because the majority of the overclockers can do much higher.... so even though it's a nice overclock from stock, if others are getting much better results than you, you will think you got a dud.....

if u were an overclocker, and only got ur 1.6ghz to do 1.8ghz, and others were gettingd 2.4-2.8ghz....... i dont' think you'd be happy... i wouldn't be......

i'm pretty sure no online companys accept rma's on cpus, so you dont' have to worry about that...

plus a 15% loss every time you switch = a lot of lost money...

only way to get rid of those "duds" is to resell them on ebay or forums because almost all p4's will do 2.133ghz and that might not satisfy an overclocker, but it will satisfy an ebay customer or the average joe......

Back