• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you think I need to repaste?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just emailed EKWB about the block not making full contact with the ihs. I'll let you know what I hear back.

Hey guys,
I pulled the block all apart and cleaned it really well. I didn't see any debris in the fins which was good. I did see a very small amount of green which was probably from some flux that didn't get cleaned out of the pipes before. I cleaned that up. I applied a touch less thermal paste this time around and used the spatula that came with the thermal paste to spread it all out. I also tightened the CPU block down a bit tighter then the first time.

I'll be refilling the loops today then checking temps. If they check out today then I should be able to wrap this thing up! :)

Whoo Hoo! Temps seem to be a lot better now! It was a combination of to much TIM the first time around and possibly it not tightened down enough. I'm now seeing temps that are around 10*C cooler at a higher clock-speed and voltage. Once I add the fans I may be able to push it a bit more as well.

Thanks for the help guys!

Josh

Back