• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does the CM690 need 6 fans ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

napox

Registered
I'm going to buy the CM690 this week.
The case comes with 3 fans, another 3 fans can be connected as optional.
I'm going to OC my cpu to the max-stabled limit with air cooling.
Does it recommend to connect all the 6 fans <loud> or 3 will do the job ?

If so, which fans you recommend to buy ?

My wife's rig is in a 690, I changed out the fans and put in 3 medium speed Yate Loon 120's, 1 in the front, 1 in the back, And 1 on top exhausting, I think that it works quite well with that setup, I am not a big fan of putting the side fan on because I think it somewhat disrupts the air flow of the front to back fans. Although I guess it could be argued that the top fan does so as well.

I have 5 in mine. Front-intake, bottom-intake, rear-exhaust, top rear-exhaust, top front-intake. The top ones are on a fan controller and I have the top front on VERY low. This way it feeds my tri-fan on my Dominators and also helps feed my TRUE. The bottom fan is a must to keep a hot GPU fed with clean cool air.

Axis

Just leave them like they are now, if you find your temps are higher than you like you can add more later.

Back