• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does the Geforce FX 5200 suck?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RideGuy said:

The FX5200 is basically the same at the MX cards so of course it will be inferior to the Ti4200-Ti4600.

When looking at both ATI and nVidia, both have pros and cons. I am a guy who plays first person shooters online only. I always turn off all the effects that as I understand to be ATIs strong point. Without the added effects I believe that the Ti's can squeeze out more frames per second than the ATI's, for the same money.

I plan to buy a new card very shortly, and it will probably be one of the Ti4200s build on underclocked Ti4400/Ti4600 chipset.

I was making the point that these cards are *also* inferior to the ti4200-4600 cards in terms of image quality.

I'd say yeah. My friend was terribly disappointed when he ran some tests for the video card for our website, heck, we all were.

Nvidia needs to hurry up on the NV35 chips and fassssssssssst.

MetalStorm said:
nice avatar #1 overclocker! but anyway, Why not go for the radeon 9600? that is meant to be quite cheap isnt it? and can OC very well from what I have heard...

THe 9600 is SERIOUSLY castrated..........IMO, the 9500pro would be a better buy

Did i read somewhere that you can fry the FX cards?....

Can't remember where now but i'm sure i saw something posted about them frying......anyone??

Yeah thats right, the 3D screensaver problem, thats the one i read about!........

Nasty problem they got there.........

i'm alwayts an nvidia guy.

nvidia has slightly better driver software and can usually torque out the textures a little harder.

but i run an FX 5900XT, so it's pretty high-end as far as the geforce FX cards go. anything higher than this on the FX line and you're at that gainward 5950 ultra card.

video ram bandwidth of 30.4 GB/s!!!!

yeah... that card will own a radeon 9800XT.

but the 5200 cards do suck. you can overclock but that doesn't do a whole lot for them. basically the geforce FX 5700 ultra and above will kill most ATi cards, but under that they aren't really worth buying. and that one that fries on a 3d screensaver... wtf?

that doesn't make sense. needs to be fixed.

Ummmm... Thread necromancy on a thread more than a year old? :confused: Probably the search button acting up again.

*clicks to let thread rest again :)*
JigPu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back