• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DRAM and NB frequency not lining up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
On X58 usually higher bclk gives higher performance. Not really much more :) ...

You may try 200bclk as it's usually the highest stable bclk without bigger problems. It will require higher qpi/vtt voltage and this can be a problem. ASUS motherboards require higher voltage than most other brands. It may need 1.5V and you can see it's much higher than mobo recommends as max safe. I remember I had to set 1.55V on some boards while on others 1.40-1.45V was enough.

What it gives ... memory ratio for 1600 and 2000 what is just perfect for tight timings or max clock. 2000 or more depends on IMC and it usually isn't stable. Also CPU clock 3.8 / 4.0 / 4.2 GHz when 3.8GHz is usually max at low voltage and 4.2GHz is usually max stable clock for most chips.

If you can't make memory to be visible then it's or dusty memory slot, memory/IMC can't make it or voltages are too low. In most cases memory voltage can stay at default so let's say 1.65V as it's typical for most gaming/overclocking series. You may also try switching memory sticks in slots.
"Missing" memory capacity is a common issue on X series chipsets. I think I had that on every chipset up to X299. On X299 no issues so far and I've tested maybe 10-12 motherboards.

Back