• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Driver Issue or Something Worse?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cubed

So I put together a new system, everything is going fine. I have two eVGA 8800GTX's on SLI, if you need anymore info please let me know. The problem I'm having at the moment is with three games(I haven't installed any other ones). S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Vanguard Saga of Heroes have been freezing as soon as I have entered the game, not the menu's or anything like that. About 30 seconds to 3 minutes into the game the screen freezes and I can barely do anything. I can see my mouse moving around very very slowly. It moves from frame to frame and I have to restart my computer just to get to desktop since I can't alt+tab or ctrl+alt+delete to the desktop. With BF2142 I can play longer in the game then the two previous ones but sometimes the screen just goes black and I have to restart my computer then. When this happens I hear an audio loop also if that can somehow help me. Other then that just browsing around my computer on desktop, watching moves and listening to music is fine. Nothing ever happens, no freezes or lockups, nothing of the sort. Anyone have a diagnosis?

There does appear to be some serious problems with the G80 card still. People are getting an NV4_DISP.DLL error.

Does this thread help at least confirm youre not the only one:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=28972

Ive taken my EVGA 8800GTX out tonight and put my old 7800GT in. The general feeling is its a driver error but some say a memory controller error.

Well, I found what was wrong... One of my 8800GTX's which were on SLI wasn't working properly. Have to put in an RMA now. Other then that when I found which card was working and wasn't defected I was playing stalker pretty easily, didn't have any crashes or anything. Just some loading halts.

Back