• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Drivers for Sharp MX-2600N on Win8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dja2k

Does anyone know if TWAIN Scanner Drivers are universal? A client has an old MX2600N MFP that he can't get the scanner to work on Windows 8, but there are newer TWAIN Drivers for a newer model. It puzzles me that the newer MX5000N model drivers say TWAIN Drivers MX-xx. Thanks!

dja2k

Last edited:
Scanner manufacturers are notorious for making sure your scanner won't work on any future operating systems you upgrade to.

For infrequent use of hardware/software, it is always a good idea to dual boot Windows XP/Windows 8 then simply reboot into Windows XP.

When Vista came out, here's how I tricked it into installing a Windows XP-only scanner. I found a similar new model then:

To install Visioneer One Touch 9020 scanner under Windows Vista or Windows 7:
1) Install Windows XP 9020 drivers.
2) Install Windows Vista drivers for 9420.
3) Plug in your scanner and manually select 9420 drivers for it.

or go to Control Panel > Device Manager, right click on the Unknown Device (it's the one with Properties > Details of USB\VID_04A7& PID...) > Update Driver Software... >
Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from the device drivers on my computer >
Next > UNCHECK: Show compatible hardware > Select Visioneer on the left side and Visioneer 9420 on the right side > Next > Yes > Close.

Back